Our client is looking for a strategic, dynamic Director who still has that passion for Web technology. This role will be a strategic partner with both development, security, and change management teams. The right person will be managing a team of 10, directing cutting-edge projects while strategically maneuvering the group into new technological eras.
Oversees and participates in project plan design, development, maintenance, and enhancement Web server environments for extreme HA.
• Ensures that all systems meet performance standards and that production support services are consistent with service level agreements
• Provides technical recommendations and assists in system design.
• Designs solutions to improve performance, stability, or efficiency of web related systems.
• Manages staff and is accountable for personnel actions, including hiring, performance and salary reviews, disciplinary action and termination.
• Implements strategies to improve current processes and procedures and identifies cost reduction opportunities to enhance business operations
• Produces monthly status and KPI reports.
• Manages the selection, procurement, and implementation of software.
• Works to properly train, develop and supervise all staff.
• Provides deliverables in a timely and efficient manner.
• Identifies issues and risks, resolves problems and escalates them as necessary
• Assists in managing budget expenditures and allocates IT resources appropriately.
• Serves as an escalation resource for staff that provides 24/7on-call system support.
Wide variety of Web Server experience during career (combination of Weblogic, WebSphere, Apache, Jboss).
Track record of successful delivery of successfully managing large scale enterprise systems implementations.
Manage, train, mentor staff at all levels.
Familiarity with networking protocols, and general web programming languages;
Strong communication and analytical skills;
Good understanding of the software development process;
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and/or education