We are a growing and looking for a professional, self-motivated Warehouse Manager to manage a team of people within warehousing, logistics, and inventory management. The Warehouse managerwill recruit, lead, coach, mentor, develop, train, and schedule warehouse personnel while working with the Operations and Sales Management teams to remain within budget in a fast-paced environment.
- Being a "Hands-on" Manager, participating in the daily warehousing duties (receiving, picking, packing, quality control, cycle counts, etc.)
- Maintain a high level of productivity, efficiency and customer service
- Ensure customer service goals are continuously met
- Receive, analyze and react to daily status reports across all distribution center functional areas.
- Analyze data on deliveries and transportation between hub warehouse and customers, and recommend/implement improvements.
- Audit and adjust processes and oversee employee productivity metrics.
- Formulate and enforce picking goals for each area/zone of the warehouse.
- Work with purchasing to develop and implement procedures for unloading orders from vendors and stocking them on our shelves.
- Ensure trucks/ trailers are efficiently and accurately loaded/ unloaded to support the efficient movement of goods and materials to their destinations to fulfill commitment to our customers and support sales objectives.
- Staff Management :
- Lead and supervise a team
- Adjust staffing across multi-functional platforms when timelines are in jeopardy and plan staffing/workflow according to dynamic market changes.
- Assign staff to individual warehouse jobs, and develop and implement improvements in job staffing, including incorporating time studies.
- Identify, motivate, mentor and develop high performers
- Train, develop and motivate all team members
- Provide valuable and actionable feedback to team members during review periods and ongoing for consistent team growth.
- Hold team members accountable to high productivity metrics; coach for improvement as needed.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Oversee operations:
- Review and maintain warehouse budget, control operating expenses and project capital expenditures (as necessary).
- Maintain a meticulous standard for cleanliness, organization, and safety throughout the warehouse.
- Maintain a safe working environment. Ensure that safety and compliance practices meet DOT and OSHA standards
- Frequently communicate with executive level management.
- At least 3 years of experience in Warehouse Management or Supervision within distribution or manufacturing.
- Strong skills and experience in team/personnel management
- Experience in tracking metrics, including key performance indicators such as inbound/outbound productivity.
- Must possess ability to multi-task and adjust to dynamic order flow fluctuations as needed
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to identify areas drifting behind in production and proactively take action to get back on track
- Must possess outstanding customer relations skills
- HS diploma required; Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Forklift, Hazmat and OSHA Certifications preferred
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated drive to achieve results
- Ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds, stand/ walk for up to 10 hours, able to squat, bend and reach, able to climb and descend stairs safely (applies to locations with stairs)
- Ability to work powered equipment (forklift, etc)