Who We Are
For the Job Seeker
How We Work
Set Up a Job Alert
For the Employer
How We Work
Searching for Executives
Searching for FT Employees
Searching for Contractors
Register / Login
I thought you might be interested in the Vice President, Field Sales (REMOTE) job listed at Top Dog Recruiting. Just copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://topdogrecruiting.hiringhook.com/JobSeeker/Detail.aspx?jid=02530228
Enter the number in the image to the right
Vice President, Field Sales (REMOTE)
$150,000.00 - $180,000.00
Add To My Jobs
View My Jobs
Send To Friend
Our client is a fast-growing consumer products company that markets an emerging brand/product to various retail channels and has sustained substantial expansion of distribution and brand awareness. The company holds a growth-oriented position in the refrigerated consumable grocery space.
This position offers the right candidate a substantial base salary, bonus, car allowance and excellent benefits. While the company is based on the West Coast, the nature of this position and associated travel requirements provides flexibility as to the individual’s “home base.”
Reporting to the Chief Sales Officer, The VP of Field Sales is a leadership and hands on management position for the organization’s sales initiatives in the field. This position will be central to the aggressive growth expectations through field sales strategy, field execution, and strategic distribution expansion. This key sales leader will direct all sales activity in the field throughout multiple regions and be responsible for achieving annual sales revenue and profit goals year after year for field sales execution.
The VP of Field Sales will be the customer champion, and will be responsible for building strategies with the CSO for growth across multiple business segments in the US and abroad. The VP of Field Sales is expected to show effective hands on leadership through management of an entrepreneurial Sales Team, including directors/managers throughout all regions from west to east coast. This individual will work directly with VP of Marketing to develop and execute short and long-term go-to-market sales strategies that leverage the strengths of both the organization and brand. The VP of Field Sales will help inspire their team through engagement and further transform customer relationships, sales programs, channel presence and growth pipeline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Direct all field sales team with hands on and coaching leadership
• Work closely with VP of Marketing to create integrated strategies, tools and execute plans as defined by Channel/Acct Managers that lead to achieving company goals and financial targets.
• Work alongside VP Channels to execute all account/channel initiatives in the field.
• Actively seek and manage national, refrigerated DSD partner(s).
• Develop field sales strategy with CSO, annual sales plans and monthly goals and tactics for distribution channels and company sales staff that achieve desired short and long-term goals in revenue growth and profitability
• Develop field execution tactics and train, coach, develop all levels of the field on these standard processes.
• Utilize SPINS and customer data to influence accounts.
• Train team on effective distribution management and constantly evaluate DSD penetration/incremental gains via the field team.
• Develop an annual trade promotion calendar and effectively manage trade spend levels for field sales; work with finance in tracking and reporting customer profitability on a quarterly basis.
• Develop and build effective and sustainable relationships with key accounts across all distribution lines.
• Develop visible and transparent metrics to monitor customer/distributor results, promotional effectiveness and distribution; adjust strategy and tactics as needed to achieve Company goals.
• Develop a strategic scorecard for distributors to measure effectiveness across core areas of representation, verify successful execution of tactical sales and merchandising plans, and ensure achievement of annual goals via regularly scheduled top-to-tops and quarterly review meetings.
• Provide Executive leadership with progress updates on a weekly basis; report detailed quarterly results to senior leadership and the CSO versus sales and profitability goals.
• Oversee all field sales team members (directors/regional/sales managers)
• As an active member of the Executive Team, contribute experience and expertise to assist in developing the Company’s long-term strategic plan regarding field sales execution and growth for expansion.
• Participate in Company’s multi-functional new product development team.
• Constantly evaluate the market position of competing products, services and organizations.
• Act as a role model for the Company’s culture, while inspiring the Company’s field sales team through leadership.
• Minimum of 10 years sales leadership experience with a high level of distributor and field sales management, preferably in refrigerated products
• Demonstrated success building a brand or brands in a high growth category
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, MBA a major plus.
• Experience managing, optimizing and reporting against a fluid and changing annual trade spend budget.
• Ability to develop an analytical sales system, sales planning tools and sales management tools from scratch to a national level.
• Comfortable with financial statements, SPINS, sales forecasting process.
• Proven success working hand-in-hand with Marketing to drive sustainable brand growth.
• Strong communication skills, entrepreneurial work ethic, integrity, initiative and “can-do” attitude.
• Must be willing to travel 75% of the time, and work weekends at trade shows as needed.
• Passionate Field Sales Executive with classic “best-in-class & quality mentality” sales and sales management training and track record of success at a reputable beverage manufacturer.
• Detail-oriented project owner, with strong attention-to-detail and a high workload capacity.
Hot Job Quick Links
Management Consulting Roles
Sales & Technical Sales
Accounting / Finance Roles
Big Data / Analytics / BI
Networking & Infrastructure Roles
SW Engineer / Architect
Technical Architecture Roles
HR & Recruiting Roles
Healthcare / Pharma Roles
Insurance Industry Roles
Real Estate Roles
© TOP DOG RECRUITING, LLC