(Note - This is a contract assignment that will go year to year. It might become an internal position. That being said, only those qualified to work for any employer without sponsorship can be considered).
The Linux Engineer III will be a technical point of contact for development teams helping to plan, debug, and implement a modern, highly available containerized IT infrastructure. The Engineer will be responsible for containerizing existing applications and providing a roadmap for development teams to integrate CI/CD tooling into their existing workflows. You will be a leader in helping development and operations teams learn and adopt DevOps culture in order to better standardize and automate infrastructure provisioning and application deployments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- RHCSE or equivalent experience preferred. (Advanced Linux Systems Administration experience)
- In depth knowledge of configuration management tools (ex. Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with testing frameworks
- In depth knowledge of CI/CD methodology and workflows.
- Proven experience with automation toolsets such as Jenkins or Teamcity
- Scripting experience (Bash,Python,Ruby)
- Experience with Splunk, ELK, Grafana, and similar technology.
- Knowledge of automated Java build systems (Ant,Maven)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Magento a plus.
- Experience with Source Control Systems (CVS, SVN, GIT)
- Some degree of basic day to day tasks
Proof of work visa status will be required.