Reputable Midwest Insurance Company—Des Plaines, IL—Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Company has a casual, fun, and unique culture.
- Company rewards high performers and offers the possibility of upward mobility.
- Establish your career with a reputable insurance company near downtown Chicago!
Note from the Hiring Manager
- Looking for a Senior or light Manager.
- At least 4 years of public accounting experience serving SEC clients (will look at top 10 CPA firm candidates); Targeting 4 years’ experience straight out of BIG 4.
- Strong technical GAAP accounting, SOX, SEC reporting, and research skills.
- Certified CPA - license preferred.
Seeking a self-motivated Senior Accountant (or new Manager) to assist with drafting technical accounting memos and preparing company’s SEC filings, press releases, board presentations, and other reporting and analytic needs of the organization. This role reports to the Corporate Controller and CFO.
Minimum Education Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 4-7 years’ progressive responsibilities in public accounting, financial reporting, or accounting policy role.
- Transaction services (IPO, M&A, SEC), insurance industry, and previous controllership or technical policy preferred.
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Familiarity with XBRL tagging and SEC reporting tools a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare S-1 and periodic SEC documents, including quarterly reports on Form 10-Q/annual reports on Form 10-K; coordinate with other departments (legal, HR/operations, external auditors, counsel, etc.).
- Assist with preparation of consolidated financial statements, including statements of comprehensive income and cash flows.
- Participate in preparation and review of quarterly earnings releases and related schedules, including investor relations presentations.
- Assist with preparation of Audit Committee and board presentations.
- Maintain current understanding of FASB, SEC, and other regulatory bodies’ projects to keep management apprised of pending decisions that will impact the company.
- Read/understand new accounting pronouncements and prepare memos and papers describing resolutions of accounting issues regarding implementation for senior management and external auditors.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of accounting policies.
- Manage stock-based compensation, i.e. recognition of expense and review and asses underlying assumptions in compliance with US GAAP.
- Calculate earnings-per-share (EPS) in accordance with relevant US GAAP and SEC guidance.
- Prepare consolidated and operating-segment level analytics related to company’s financial condition and results of operations and cash flows.
- Assist in management of SOX 404 process, as it related to Financial Reporting.
- Support legal team in the preparation of the annual proxy statement.