This client is a major publicly held premier insurance conglomerate HQ in Cincinnati, OH. This position is an addition to their corporate tax department overseeing the total tax responsibilities for all of the company's insurance operations. They are looking for a degreed Accountant, 2-5 years experience with tax returns for corporations, partnerships and foreign entities. Ideal candidates would be BIG 4 tax experience or insurance. The company is anxious to hire. Candidates must be US citizens or permanent green card holders, no sponsorship is available. They would prefer local candidates or nearby states for candidates who rent and are easily relocateable to Cincinnati, OH. CPA would be a plus (or working on it).
- Prepare federal, state and local tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and foreign entities.
- Complete quarterly tax calculations to support financial statement accounting for income taxes and the calculation of quarterly federal and state estimated tax payments.
- Work closely with subsidiary financial, investment and management contacts to gather financial information necessary to provide tax advice.
- Conduct tax research in connection with current operations, new legislation, and proposed business transactions.
- Specific areas of opportunity will be tailored based on experience and interest to include state and local taxation, foreign taxation and partnership taxation.
- Participate in the development and implementation of tax technology initiatives.
- Be a team member on projects as they arise.
- Grow professionally and technically through self-study, outside technical training courses.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline, CPA designation a plus.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in tax, financial and/or investment accounting; statutory insurance accounting experience a plus.
- Experience with tax compliance and provision software, knowledge of Corptax a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, with an understanding of data lookup functions, pivot tables, and macros. General technology experience and curiosity is preferred.
- Self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to communicate clearly, confidently, and concisely with internal and external contacts.
- Desire to learn new, specialized tax material and technology through self-study, research and seminars.
- Experience in insurance, state and local, partnership and/or foreign taxation a plus.