We are hiring a Systems Developer to be located at the Chattanooga, TN manufacturing facility. The Systems Developer is responsible for applying specialized skill and knowledge of applications to design, build, configure and test solutions that satisfy specific business requirements and meet technical specifications. The developer will also research, design, document and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
We are a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of household name products.
- Examine the business requirements and then define how the IT solution would address those requirements
- Record requirements, use cases, sequence diagrams, and other documents
- Ensure alignment with all architecture and security standards
Solution Build and Configure
- Write and document clear programming code to meet the gathered requirements or work with vendors as appropriate to ensure code is written to set standards
- Oversee and review contract work to ensure compliance to technical standards and business requirements
- Support creation of test scripts in partnership with systems administrators and vendors as appropriate
- Provide ongoing Level 4 support and provide the necessary documentation to end-user support functions
- Design, develop, and execute test cases using test plans and project requirements/specifications or work with vendors to ensure testing is completed to the appropriate standards
- Review automated test results and identifies, analyzes and reports bugs
- Facilitate test case and test script walk-throughs with analysts and vendors
- Investigate and report any defects encountered diligently, promptly and accurately using a defect-tracking tool
- Bachelor’s degree*; Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ technical experience in application development
- Proficiency in a variety of Microsoft programming technologies, including ASP.NET, C#, .NET webservices, SQL Server and consuming 3rd party controls
- Systems integration with SAP preferred
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Extensive relational database and operating systems experience with SQL Server
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans
- Familiarity with web application security vulnerabilities and best practices
- Experience with responsive web design techniques
- Experience with integrating with document management systems (Documentum and SharePoint)
- Experience with Smart Plant, LIMS systems, OSI PI & AspenTech is strongly preferred
- Approximately 10% travel required, within US and abroad, as needed
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills which provide the ability to:
- Establish and build working relationships with individuals throughout the organization in support of IT department objectives
- Work closely with people at all levels of the organization;
- Thorough understanding of general business operations and processes
- EEO – Support organization's commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and make good faith efforts to help ensure that the workplace is free from harassment and discrimination
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education.
Note: This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.