We are seeking a Engineering and Manufacturing Systems Analyst to be located at the Chattanooga, TN manufacturing facility.
This is a rare ground floor opportunity with a leading global manufacturer. This position is due to growth and is just one of the first of many to follow at this location and within the organization. The company is growing rapidly and the opportunities are developing daily for this and other positions here. Start now! The sky is the limit.
This is an exciting opportunity located near the land of beautiful lakes and nearby mountains. A very temperate climate allows for recreational activities just miles away all year round. Boating, Sailing, White Water Sports, Cycling, a wonderful downtown area with concerts, world class aquariums, new baseball stadium, numerous national and state parks will give you the balanced work life we all desire. Conveniently located to an airport served by all the major carriers makes travel extremely easy. And just 90 minutes to Atlanta, and slightly more to Nashville, there are continuous opportunities for international travel, weekend getaways and more. This area has become a high growth area by high tech and manufacturing firms, so don't miss your chance to live in a low tax, low cost of living, beautiful Tennessee Valley area.
The Systems Analyst contributes specialized, technical knowledge and support for the successful delivery of application solutions, including application support, maintenance and administration. This role provides troubleshooting and non-standard maintenance of equipment, data servers, user devices, systems, applications and communications links, as necessary, to ensure stability, integrity and efficient operation of the in-house Information Systems
We are a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor and manufacture several products that are household names worldwide.
- Acts as a technical consultant and industry expert for IT divisions in the area of application support re: Engineering and Manufacturing
- Makes recommendations for changes to the applications as necessary
- Evaluates workload and resource levels on a periodic basis to ensure that escalated application support level meets department and client expectations and that all support resources are fully allocated
- Develops and maintains service level agreements with the various user departments and enterprise business units, including supporting negotiation of appropriate support commitments for existing applications
- Provides input for developing and maintaining training documentation for application users
- Interacts with the infrastructure team and business users to understand and prioritize demand, suggest enhancements to production environments
- Analyzes, customizes and modifies applications
- Defines implementation plans with vendors, System Integrators, developers and end-users
- Oversees application implementation and post-implementation maintenance and L3 support
- Maintains a library of maintenance and support information on applications
- Responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of the systems and applications supporting the process manufacturing business at this facility
- Bachelor’s degree;* Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ technical experience in application support, maintenance and administration
- Advanced knowledge of relevant application(s) (Smart Plant, AutoCAD, Engineering Base & Microstation) required
- Progressive experience in several areas of information technology/operational technology with a focus on Engineering and Manufacturing applications support and hardware development
- Prior experience overseeing the design, development and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems or products in an Engineering and Manufacturing Systems environment
- Demonstrated working knowledge of applications that support business operations in one or more of the following areas, Process Control, Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS), Quality, and Engineering
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in one or more applications
- Proficient Technical/Configuration/Programming Skills
- Experience in working with project teams including off-site in-house or contract project resources.
- Strong customer service and project management skills, written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, self-motivated and directed
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Approximately 10% travel required, within US and abroad, as needed
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills which provide the ability to:
- Establish and build working relationships with individuals throughout the organization in support of IT department objectives
- Work closely with people at all levels of the organization;
- Thorough understanding of general business operations and processes
- EEO – Support the organization's commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and make good faith efforts to help ensure that the workplace is free from harassment and discrimination
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education.
Note: This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.