Swiss Turn Machinist - (Multiple Shifts / mainly nights and weekends)
Location: Denver, CO (West)
Compensation: $15/hour up to $25/hour, (these are now SWISS TURN "machinists" only, not "set up and run machinists). The salary is dependent on experience; plus overtime; multiple shifts, including weekend shifts
Employment Type: Full-Time, with full benefits
The Client is an ISO 9001:2000/AS9100 certified employer located in Lakewood (west Denver), Colorado, is a growing company with many opportunities for advancement. They specialize in high-precision, high-complexity CNC machining primarily for the Aerospace industry. They utilize state of the art Vertical and Horizontal machining centers with 4th and 5th axis capability. In addition, they are expanding the Swiss machine department utilizing 9 Axis Citizen Swiss turn machines. They are seeking long-term employees to grow and support multi-year contracts with our customers. This position has significant growth potential as we continue to expand our Swiss/Screw machine department.
The client is currently seeking Swiss Turn Machine Operators for multiple shifts, including weekends. This position is for an experienced Screw Machine Operator with at least 1 year experience operating Swiss turning machines. On-going training will be provided to individuals in the areas of Set-up and Operation.
This individual will be responsible for:
- In Process Inspections
- Making offsets
- Changing tooling
- Participation in continuous improvement
- Other tasks as directed by management
The client's work environment is fast paced and professional, with continued growth fostered by their commitment to teamwork. They offer comprehensive benefits including paid vacation, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance.
***NOTE: Experience in "any of the following" for 1 year "will be considered"
- Must have hand tools, indicators, micrometers, calipers, deburring tools, etc.
- Must have Swiss Turn experience with operating Swiss Turn machines (multi axis, multi spindle screw machines). (The programming is done by others.)
- Others will be considered if they have: Turn mill, Live tooling, Citizen Swiss, Citizen machine, Tsugami, Star machine, Tornos, Mori Seiki lathe, OR Miyano lathe
- If you don't know what a Swiss Turn machine is, I cannot present you.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance, print reading, and mathematics
- Aerospace machining experience a plus