This 2nd-shift position is for the CNC Swiss Department. Successful candidate will have at least seven years of combined CNC experience/training in manufacturing, with experience on Citizen and/or Star Swiss-type lathes strongly preferred.
Assist Supervisor in the day-to-day activities within the CNC Swiss Department. Crew Coordinators take on the role as Working Leads. Successful candidates will possess advanced technical knowledge of the production equipment, processes present in the assigned area, and will demonstrate solid leadership, communication, and mentoring skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Whenever possible, run production machines in order to maintain productivity.
- Assist in the daily mentoring and training of new hires and lesser skilled operators with the purpose of developing their technical skills to maintain safe and standard work habits within the production department.
- Verified that production parts are within specs, randomly check at the operator’s parts while still in the machine to help prevent bad parts moving to next operations.
- Performs final inspection of paperwork (Material Pick List, Traveler, and In- Process inspection sheet) and QAD (Production Tracking Software) numbers accuracy.
- Ensure proper utilization of all resources.
- Notifies Supervisor of any production, safety or performance issues as they arise.
- Answer questions, instruct, demonstrate techniques on matters directly related to; machine operations, work methods, shop practices and safety.
- Must be highly organized, self motivated and a role model.
- Assume responsibility for work accomplished on schedule and in accordance with job requirements.
- Follows through production priorities and assign resources accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the shift supervisor
- Request additional material if necessary following established procedures.
- Notify Maintenance Department through established system any equipment maintenance requirement.
- Support programs, policies, and procedures in order to help the growth AMI as a world class medical device manufacturer.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
At least seven years of combined CNC Operation experience and training in a manufacturing setting required.
Extensive CNC Swiss experience (esp. on Citizen and/or Star machines) strongly preferred.
Basic computer knowledge (e.g., standard Windows applications) required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
· Mechanical aptitude.
· Proficiency with measuring tools and instruments.
· Ability to understand and follow all established procedures.
· General knowledge of GMP’s and FDA regulations.
· Knowledgeable in set-up of all required tools using the pre-setter and/or machine.
· Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Proficiency of machine shop support equipment. Grinding machines; Computerized Lathes; Computerized Milling Machines; Swiss Screw Machines, and Turning Centers.
Proficiency of machine shop measuring tooling. Such as Gauges and Inspection Fixtures, Bore Gauges, Dial Indicators; Pin Gauges, MicroVu, Optical Comparator, Caliper and Micrometer.