Our client, a dynamic network management and security software firm supporting global companies in banking, technology, pharmaceuticals and retail, as well as the public sector, seeks an experienced full stack software development professional for a full time direct hire opening for the engineering team.
This company is on the cutting edge of a number of technologies, both on premise as well as Cloud / SaaS platforms. The selected candidate will need to be a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively.
While the focus of the role is new development , you will also participate in the full lifecycle and commercial product release. This company is focused on broadening its suite of solutions so you will gain exposure to the latest and advanced technologies. If you are a professional that's looking to be consistently challenged and an environment where you are continually learning, this may be the spot for you!
As a Software Engineer, you will work on a small team to develop a new Java platform on which a range of future applications will be built. This is a highly visible role where you will have a lot of autonomy, product ownership, and ability to significantly influence the product.
- Hands-on design, coding and development with Java, Linux , Angular.js, SQL and non-relational databases.
- Creating solutions in networking, security, communications, monitoring and interoperability.
- Utilize the latest Java tools throughout the entire SDLC process in an agile environment.
- Apply formal software engineering methodologies, using solution alternatives.
- You will design, code, and implement standards that are extensible, flexible, and easy to maintain.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years experience in full stack software development
- Experience in the development of commercially used software that will utilize the latest cloud technology, enterprise services, expert technology, security, and database access.
- Creative problem solver; flexible to wear multiple hats because you will work on a small team.
- Knowledge of virtual environments such as vCloud or AWS
- Knowledge of network tools like tcpdump, wireshark, snmpwalk etc. desirable