Who We Are
For the Job Seeker
How We Work
Set Up a Job Alert
For the Employer
How We Work
Searching for Executives
Searching for FT Employees
Searching for Contractors
Register / Login
I thought you might be interested in the Software Controls Engineer job listed at Top Dog Recruiting. Just copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://topdogrecruiting.hiringhook.com/JobSeeker/Detail.aspx?jid=02531747
Enter the number in the image to the right
Software Controls Engineer
$80,000.00 - $100,000.00
Bachelor of Science;
Add To My Jobs
View My Jobs
Send To Friend
We have an immediate opportunity for an Aftermarket Software Engineer. The AM Software Engineer provides hands on or oversight of the repair, maintenance, installation and debugging of the software systems and X-Ray equipment in the field, including PLC, C#, QNX O/S.
· Performs or oversees installation of the software systems of the equipment at the customer’s site or remotely according to the sales order. Liaisons with the engineering development team as needed. Completes required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
· Troubleshoots and resolves application-related issues/problems in customers’ facilities or remotely. Contacts other resources as needed to resolve issue/problem. Works with engineering on any necessary ECR driven by issues identified in the field. Inspects the systems of the equipment installed and generates documentation.
· Performs repairs to company's equipment software as necessary.
· Maintains and secures tools, equipment, test devices, mobile devices and assigned service vehicle.
· Trains customers in proper machine systems maintenance and operation of the entire product lines. Creates training aids for customers and fellow employees. Documents findings that improve quality and/or efficiency.
· Follows-up with customers on all open issues. Communicates opportunities to appropriate Regional Sales Managers. Works on process improvements with engineering dept. Reviews and maintains daily e-mail correspondence including field schedule updates.
· Enters daily notes in CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software. Enters time and activities into CRM software. Fills out bimonthly expense reports and time logs. Arranges travel, accommodations and contacts. Creates documentation as needed to share with fellow employees.
· Supports customers, engineering and internal sales staff on issues involving the software of company's products. Provides assistance to the Help Desk Customer Support Technician through documentation and by answering questions on problem solving of issues/problems.
· Conducts live equipment demonstrations. Assists at trade shows and demonstrate equipment features and benefits.
Performs other duties as assigned. Takes training courses as required staying current with new technology and OSHA safety standards. Provides information and promotes company's products that will benefit customer’s operations as needed.
· B.S. in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Software Development
· Knowledge of PLC’s, electrical controls and industrial communication networks. PLC knowledge should include programming skills for troubleshooting AB, Siemens and VFD’s and others.
· Knowledge of X-Ray preferred.
· Ability to program in C++/C#.
· Ability to read and understand electrical and pneumatic schematics.
· Knowledge of AC/DC voltage systems, both single and 3 phase systems.
· Strong mechanical aptitude with demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment and electrical controls.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce (CRM).
· Ability to upload and down load programs using RS Logixs and Panelbuilder.
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
· Effective communicator in writing and orally.
· Customer friendly personality.
· Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time, primarily domestically.
· Team Player.
· Extensive experience with PLC’s (preferably AB and Siemens), and/or C++/C#.
· Solid technical and commercial experience, preferably in the meat industry, X-Ray experience a plus.
Hot Job Quick Links
Management Consulting Roles
Sales & Technical Sales
Accounting / Finance Roles
Big Data / Analytics / BI
Networking & Infrastructure Roles
SW Engineer / Architect
Technical Architecture Roles
HR & Recruiting Roles
Healthcare / Pharma Roles
Insurance Industry Roles
Real Estate Roles
© TOP DOG RECRUITING, LLC