Headquartered in the Central Valley of California, this thriving company has been in business for over 50 years. With multiple divisions to serve its customers effectively with integrated solutions and proven success, this employer continues to grow, and is now seeking to hire a Senior Manager of Finance to lead a client group and support the logistics arm of the business. In this role, you would have the opportunity to be part of an expanding operation with a friendly work environment, while enjoying competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and stable employment.
If you have good Finance leadership experience within a large corporate environment, and are comfortable pro-actively communicating to leadership where the company is tracking and trending and staying ahead of the curve, this role is well-suited to you!
As Senior Finance Manager, you will provide financial and business leadership to assigned business units in the organization and lead the annual and 5 year financial planning processes for assigned business units. You will be responsible for maintaining financial controls over business operations and be expected to be pro-active in budgeting, tracking, trending reports and driving projects that improve the businesses' profitability. Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be expected to lead alongside the Director and prepare and lead annual operating plan process, providing financial and business leadership. This role is close to a Director level and is promotable to a Director level. You will have 2 Finance Analysts as direct reports, initially.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop monthly forecast and risk and opportunities for business leadership.
- Track and ensure delivery of operating plans through reporting and identification of key variances, and drive recommended required actions to close gaps or capitalize on favorable trends.
- Institutionalize metrics management and the appropriate use of data to validate business health.
- Provide early diagnosis to assist management in the development of action plans to improve health when needed.
- Work cross-functionally to drive delivery of the OGSTM's, embedding initiatives required in supporting functions.
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve organizational goals; understand organization’s strengths & weaknesses; analyze market and competition; identify external threats and opportunities; and adapt strategy to changing conditions.
- Use strong leadership skills to lead and organize cross-functional teams to drive projects that improve the businesses’ profitability.
- Prepare and lead the annual operating plan process, providing financial and business leadership for assigned business units.
- Prepare and lead the 5 year financial plan, and work with the business unit management team to develop strategic plans.
- Analyze ROI and profitability for business initiatives.
- Ensure financial controls for business operations through compliance with corporate policy and identification of required controls for new business processes and transactions.
- Develop pricing strategy and implement procedures to ensure compliance with policy.
- Develop, coach, and mentor subordinate staff.
- Conduct performance evaluations; recommend salary adjustments; reward employees or take disciplinary action, as necessary; address complaints and resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance plus 8 years of Finance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility, to include supervisory or managerial experience.
- CPA or MBA a major plus (but not required).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance plus 10 years of experience in Accounting or Finance within a complex manufacturing or logistics operation reflecting increasing levels of responsibility to include supervisory or managerial experience is considered a major plus.
- Experience in financial planning and reporting.
- Excellent demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good experience addressing strategic issues as well as day-to-day operational concerns.
- Comfortable and effective in the role of change agent.
- Experience staffing and developing an organization.
- Solid performance record of building effective teams and forging successful relationships.
- Strong Leadership / Management strength to provide motivational guidance and direction.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Lean Six Sigma Training preferred.
- Must be comfortable interacting with, and leading a client group and holding your own with upper management, advising on where the company is tracking and trending, and advising on what is going on, being on the front end and pro-actively communicating what you are seeing (rather than being asked what is going on).
- Any experience with J.D. Edwards or SAP is a plus (but not required).