SENIOR FIELD APPLICATION ENGINEER - GA
Our client is an industry leader in factory automation products and solutions is seeking a Senior Field Application Engineer to support the Eastern territory.
The position will work out of a home office located anywhere in Georgia and requires 20-30% travel for training and application support within North America, Europe and Japan.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for products and applications to sales channel personnel and key accounts. May also develop and/or deliver technical training to customers, distributors and company personnel on all company products.
- Prioritize support activities to align with the national and regional sales strategies focusing on target accounts
- Provide on-site application engineering and product consulting.
- Serve as the escalated technical resource (subject matter expert [SME]) to Advanced Automation Solution Providers (top channel designation), Systems Integrators, and top distributors.
- Maintain technical documents and documentation on company products, as assigned.
- Develop technical/application notes where applicable, detailing start-up procedures of new products.
- Maintain current knowledge of new products and applications, through self-study, hands-on testing of demo units, and seminar attendance.
- Provide technical product and solution training to customers, distributors and company personnel on company products. Actively identify opportunities for custom training classes.
- Deliver presentations to external organizations or entities.
- Document support case data utilizing CRM.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with PLC, VFD, HMI, Motion Control, Servos, Control Networks and other industrial automation technologies.
- Ability to develop and maintain in-depth, up-to-date technical knowledge, including the latest company products, and to serve as escalated technical resource (subject matter expert [SME]).
- Technical writing skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Customer service and phone skills.
- Professional, patient, positive, confident communication style and attitude.
- Ability to write and perform technical product and solution training for groups.
- Organization skills, i.e. for documents, demos, work area and time management.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Strong background in PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, and networking, process control and IEC 1131 programming standards is preferred
- Strong background in multi-axis motion control applications and application software development
- Some experience with PC hardware and software required with specific experience in industrial applications is preferred
- Ability to conduct detailed engineering level discussions regarding customer applications by phone, on-line meeting, or in person
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of application experience with industrial automation products