$9.8B Financial Services Company—Detroit, MI—Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Company provides competitive base pay and performance benefits, flexible PTO, and industry-leading 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Company provides healthy work/life balance and parental leave, child/elder care program assistance, and Employee Assistance Program.
- Company provides career development, including tuition reimbursement and leadership training.
Seeking Senior Auditor to identify and asses process risks, flowchart business processes, identify and evaluate design and operational effectiveness of controls, and execute and document audit tests. The Senior Auditor will complete work in accordance with audit methodology, all applicable standards, and within defined plans and schedules.
Minimum Educating & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and 2-5 years’ financial services/audit experience.
- Related certification strongly preferred (CPA or CIA).
- Strong project management and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed, and organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to excel in highly interactive team environment.
- Able to understand risk and control concepts.
- Experience using ACL or other Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to occasionally travel required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish relationships with business leaders while conducting individual audits.
- Execute assigned audit and advisory activities independently.
- Utilize sound analytical and technical skills to provide consultation to management regarding emerging control practices.
- Support audit fieldwork, including controls tests and substantive details tests.
- Analyze business process and internal control documentation and develop written summary of audit findings to review with Audit Management.
- Perform ad hoc projects as assigned to assist Audit in analyzing company’s risk and control environment.
- Develop, execute, and document audit tests in accordance with Audit Services policies and procedures.
- Work within defined plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Identify root causes and provide meaningful recommendations.
- Train/mentor staff auditors.