SENIOR APPLICATION ENGINEER - PROTECTION RELAYS
Our client has been a pioneer in the electric industry, manufacturing control and protective devices for generators, motors, and other prime movers. They serve the electric power industry with solid state relays for feeder, transmission, bus, transformer, generator and motor protection for any application. Their utility grade and industrial grade relays offer high accuracy, low burden, flexibility, and low maintenance and their microprocessor based relays combine multi-function protection with control, metering, data acquisition, and networked communications.
Facilitates the sales process by promoting company products to potential and existing customers. Provides application engineering support to customers for Power Systems Group products. Assists in product planning and marketing programs. Leads in providing application engineering support to customers and group personnel for Power Systems Group products. Provides leadership and motivation to sales representatives with customer training, product presentations, and seminars. Participates in industry functions.
• Presents company products to customers by providing technical expertise through the different phases of the sales process. Recommends products to meet the customer’s needs through feature-benefit selling.
• Takes lead role in training company employees including other application engineers, design engineering and application specialists. Provides application engineering support to other application engineers via training, coaching, and joint presentations. Takes lead role in setting up and developing formalized seminars and schools at customer locations. Assists sales managers to set up product and sales strategies at all assigned accounts and sales presentations.
• Supports correspondence with customers and sales representatives on matters relating to applications, technical support, and other activities as necessary.
• Presents products and systems to customers at various seminars, including regional locations, throughout the year.
• Takes leadership role in assigned and industry societies, such as PSRC and IAS. Presents and writes technical papers for industry conferences and seminars.
• Takes leadership role in product planning and technical research, including product testing and development of technical manuals and bulletins, required for new products.
• Assists with product introduction marketing programs and test market coordination with appropriate Marketing personnel.
• Assists in developing and implementing marketing programs, including advertising, mail list management, trade shows, technical conferences, and publicity.
• Initiates the transmittal of product technical literature or other information per customer requests.
• Arranges and conducts meetings with customers at the factory.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a technical equivalent degree, or a licensed professional Engineer in a related field.
• Minimum 5 years’ regional application engineering experience or 15 years’ experience in a related field.
• Willingness to travel up to 50% in the assigned territory (mainly Southwestern US)
• Current or recent utility experience is a plus.
This position works from a home office, ideally located in Houston TX. Austin, Dallas and other metro locations in Texas are options as well.