Job Title: Sales Engineer – Protection Relay Systems
Our client has been a pioneer in the electric industry, manufacturing control and protective devices for generators, motors, and other prime movers. They serve the electric power industry with solid state relays for feeder, transmission, bus, transformer, generator and motor protection for any application. Their utility grade and industrial grade relays offer high accuracy, low burden, flexibility, and low maintenance and their microprocessor based relays combine multi-function protection with control, metering, data acquisition, and networked communications.
Provide technical sales assistance in the assigned territory.
Provide engineering support to customers for Power Systems Group products.
Conduct product presentations and seminars for customers, and participate in training and seminars for customers.
Participate in industry functions, and assist in product planning and marketing programs.
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
• Plan and implement effective sales visits for self and company personnel.
• Forecast annual territory sales and sales potential for each assigned account.
• Develop new markets for existing products.
• Prepare sales plans to support and implement marketing strategies.
• Follow through on quotations and sales leads.
• Obtain and report marketing information for potential new products.
• Negotiate and coordinate all purchase agreements for each assigned account.
• Provide technical presentations and assist at trade organization functions.
• Provide technical sales assistance to assigned direct accounts and other accounts as directed.
• Assist customers in the proper application, selection, installation, calibration, and troubleshooting of Power Systems Group products.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, and/or Licensed Professional Engineer in related field, and/or a technical equivalence degree.
• Three or more years of experience in a related field.
• Sales experience selling to direct in multi-state territory to the OEM market, custom manufactured products, preferably technical products in nature that have longer lead times and sales cycles.
• Must have knowledge of protective relays.
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time into the assigned territory.
Position will be home office based in either VA, NC or FL.