Seeking a Sales Engineer with experience with precision mechanical components to increase volume, speed of new quotes, sales and generate new business. This position will also assist in the development of business analytics, sourcing strategies and target markets for product lines.
Duties Include: Joint sales calls, product training for internal teams, develop product line strategies. Assist with development of quotations, supplier selection criteria and implementation of awarded business. This position will work closely with the sales force, branch inside sales, sourcing and new product introduction teams
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED Knowledge of hardware/mechanical products and manufacturing processes.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION REQUIRED Bachelor degree, engineering preferred or appropriate experience.
Qualified Candidates will have the following:
- 5+ years of experience in business to business technical sales
- 5+ years product management experience
- 5+ years of experience in hard goods manufacturing
- Ability to read and understand blueprints including GD&T
- Knowledge and expertise in manufacturing methods and cost analysis
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- General knowledge of product marketing principles
Key words: mechanical, engineering, engineer, BSME, components, fasteners, fastener, nuts, bolts, screws, metal, fabrication, automotive, thread, threaded, VA/VE, Value Engineering, Value Added, applications engineer, application engineer, project engineer, machined products, molded and extruded products, powder metal parts, castings, small assemblies
Travel = 50%