This is a great opportunity to propel your career to the next level with an organization that has been operating a successful multi-tiered business for over 50 years, delivering excellent results for their customers and suppliers and forging solid partnerships along the way. With multiple divisions to serve its customers effectively with integrated solutions and proven success, this employer continues to grow, and is now seeking to hire a Programmer Analyst with good experience in either Java or Python.
You can be part of the success story and be part of the action, and see your career thrive in the process, as you work with this great team of people!
You will be working with a small team and this is a very good opportunity for career growth. The company offers a competitive compensation package with excellent employee benefits. If you have good skills in Object Oriented Programming, specifically in Python or Java (or both), come see how your skills and experience can really make a difference!
The Programmer Analyst improves organizational processes and performance and solves organizational information problems by gathering requirements, designing, developing, testing, and deployment of software solutions. Can work independently and as a member of a team to develop software and systems tailored to support business needs in Manufacturing, Logistics, Finance, and Supply Chain. The person hired for this role should have a good technical background and have the ability to eventually be able to operate with minimal oversight to manage the programming and maintenance of one of the organization's manufacturing systems. Since there’s a database component to the system, the ideal candidate will preferably also have good SQL skills, ideally, TSQL. The company will train other tool-specific skillsets used in this role. This position will provide you with the opportunity to grow professionally and learn new tools and technologies!
A LOOK AT WHAT THIS JOB ENTAILS...
• Designs and implements web services and integration points.
• Supports the accomplishment of business objectives by studying business functions, gathering relevant information, evaluating and documenting business requirements.
• Designs and implements software systems based on requirements; designs and implements interfaces between systems; constructs workflow charts and diagrams; studies system capabilities; writes specifications; writes software code.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, trains users, installs, and maintains software.
• Improves existing systems or processes by assessing the current state and recommending and implementing feasible alternative solutions.
• Modifies and configures purchased software based on user requirements; can articulate the capabilities and limitations of purchased software solutions.
• Participates in code reviews; provides feedback to all levels of the organization on code quality.
• Prepares technical reports and instructional manuals.
• Communicates project status, reporting to IT management.
• Ensures that projects remain on track by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions.
• Applies current technology or researches and acquires new technical knowledge to complete moderate to complex projects.
• Participates in department and interdepartmental project teams and may work cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Acts as a liaison with users and management.
• Conducts or coordinates quality assurance testing when needed.
• Provides on-call support during off-hours when needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Science, Business Administration or Engineering plus 5 years of experience in programming analysis, software engineering or software development reflecting increasing levels of responsibility, or Master's degree plus 2 - 3 years of experience.
• Experience and demonstrated programming proficiency in Object Oriented Programming in either Java, Python or C++.
• Any experience with related frameworks such as Angularjs and Nodejs is a major plus.
• Any experience with REST APIs and related frameworks (e.g. Django) or security frameworks for authenticating web-based services (e.g. oauth, oauth2) is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer skill requirements include: basic MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, intermediate MS Excel and Structured Query Language (SQL).
• Experience with TCP/IP networks.
• Willingness / ability to provide on-call support, when necessary.
• Demonstrates strong initiative, self-motivation, and commitment to the job.
• Stable career history preferred.
LOCAL CANDIDATES HIGHLY PREFERRED. HOWEVER, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP.