|This position is responsible for the supervisory oversight of the facility with regard to the receiving of dairy products, processing of fluid products, condensing and drying operations, and butter operations. It will also require oversight of warehouse operations in the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor. It is imperative that the candidate have the skill and ability to handle regulatory, quality, personnel, and production adjustment decisions. |
Individual will establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, provide guidance to trainees and co-workers, demonstrate capable leadership abilities, and exercise superior decision making skills. Some overtime is required, to include participation in weekend and holiday rotations. Hours of work will be dependent on what is needed to meet plant demands.
- Maintain production schedules and operating efficiencies.
- Will be responsible for maintaining and enforcing company policy and programs, to include administering of discipline as required.
- Will be responsible for the training of employees in their job requirements.
- Will be responsible for the scheduling and/or adjustment in schedules to accommodate production requirements.
- Will be responsible for maintaining statistical information necessary to make process adjustments as required for yield and quality maximization.
- Will be responsible for handling specific assignments or projects.
- Will be required to operate all plant production equipment as needed.
- Will be required to follow Food Safety and Quality Responsibilities and comply with all Plant, State, Federal, OSHA, EPA, FDA, USDA, HACCP, and SQF guidelines and regulations for food safety, quality and employee safety.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices required to ensure food safety and safe work practices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment. Must be able to work independently, be a cohesive team player who can work effectively with minimum supervision, and have the ability to interact positively with others within the department and the organization. Must be detail oriented, able to communicate effectively and follow instructions.
- Bachelor of Science degree plus five years related experience and/or training, or an approved combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical material and/or manuals.
- Ability to write detailed correspondence, instructions and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
- Ability to handle situations or problems with a number of variables.
Areas of Proficiency:
- Evaporation and drying principles
- Butter making principles
- Laboratory pH and titrations
- Chemical safety and use of personal safety gear instruction
- Principles of pasteurization
- Forklift certification
- Clean In Place (CIP) technology