PRINCIPAL SALES ENGINEER - LARGE GENERATION CONTROL & PROTECTION SYSTEMS
Job Summary: This position requires travel to various sites for sales engineering and installations on large generation control and protection systems. Design, build, and evaluate equipment required for jobs and projects.
• Estimate the installation of excitation and synchronous motor control projects.
• Manage the business-quoting queue of work.
• Estimate and negotiate with local craft labor for installation of new generator excitation and protection and controls equipment.
• Track sales metrics tied to system quoting such as number of quotes with win/loss hit rate, high to low probability, quoting cycle, etc.
• Represent company while at customer facilities.
• Work with the Engineering department to develop installation task lists and designs.
• Participate in educational activities.
• Write trip reports that describe, in detail, the system and device failure and actions taken. Review the system problem and solution with the Design Engineering group.
• Travel to customer sites to oversee installations of equipment, perform system startup or required maintenance, provide instructions for customer maintenance, or repair equipment.
• Provide technical support while at office facilities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Engineering degree with 15 or more years of Field Service experience related to excitation systems.
• Power Systems Stability modeling on generators experience is preferred.
• Industrial or power plant experience required.
• Understanding of and ability to implement electrical drawings, connection drawings, interconnection drawings, and schematics.
• Familiar with various types of steam, gas, diesel, and hydrogenerator controls.
• Extensive travel with little advance notice (50-65%)