Our company is an international construction services company and leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
With 5,200 employees, the company completes $10 billion of construction on 1,500 projects each year. The company offers clients the accessibility and support of a local firm with the stability and resources of a multi-national organization.
The Senior Preconstruction Estimator has responsibility for the preconstruction process from project inception through start of construction in the Southeast Regional office based in Nashville. This person will have 2+ estimators under them and will be directly under the Regional Estimating Director for this office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and direct the estimating, scheduling, and purchasing functions as they relate to the preconstruction phase of project.
- Lead, develop and manage preconstruction staff, including completing performance evaluations.
- Review all drawings and specifications and bring any issues to the attention of the architect.
- In collaboration with Operations, look for opportunities to drive improvement within the process by using Lean, Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) and any other process enhancements.
- May have overall responsibility for Purchasing, Estimating and/or Logistics.
- Responsible for conceptual, schematic, design development estimates, Maximum Price and Lump Sum bidding.
- Collaborate with Operations on the Project Schedule, Logistics, Safety, Constructability Reviews (CRs), general conditions (GCs) and General Requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least two years of formal engineering or architectural training, and at least 12 years of building construction experience required, or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience. Experience with a variety of building construction types is desirable.
- Knowledge of accounting Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, various construction methods and installation procedures; and a general understanding of the operation of various building systems.
- Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Knowledge of Project Management and scheduling software desirable. Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project. Demonstrated ability to thoroughly understand drawings and specifications, general contract and subcontract documents, materials, means and methods. Very strong verbal and written communication skills required. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.