Exciting opportunity for a service leader to manage multiple plant leadership to increase productivity, cost out, quality and improve operations. This is a unique opportunity with a leading building products organization to provide leadership in productivity, cost out, process, reliability areas. Will oversee a large team of divisional engineering managers in multiple site locations. Collaborative work environment.
If you have over 20+ years experience as a Plant Manager within glass, rubber, chemicals or gypsum industries, this role could be a natural progression.
Locations are flexible - GA, NJ, TX, CO, OH
This position is responsible to provide all facets of engineering leadership and oversight to the IS business unit, manufacturing plants, engineering group, and technical resources.
-Will work closely with business leadership, operations, engineering, finance, marketing and product development, sales, and research & development to assure all engineering efforts and projects meet business and financial objectives through effective planning, engineering, coordination, and service.
-Will provide division capital program leadership, including multi-year asset planning and annual operating plan planning and execution.
-Will also provide leadership and resourcing to all aspects of key divisional projects.
-Assists the Director of Operations and divisional plant managers to increase production capacity, improve product quality, reduce costs and/or improve operations and HSE results through the implementation of new technologies, initiatives, projects, process improvements, and implementation of "best operating and engineering practices".
The position leads, mentors, trains, and hires divisional engineers and provides leadership to division plant engineers.
The leader shall work within a cross-functional team to achieve corporate, divisional, and departmental objectives in a collaborative environment across a broad range of industrial manufacturing facilities.
The leader has cross-discipline engineering capabilities and a solid understanding of engineering design principles and manufacturing processes.
- Provide engineering leadership and oversight to one of the fastest growing division
- Acts as a service leader to manufacturing plants, engineering group, and technical resources.
- Provide division capital program leadership, including multi-year asset planning and annual operating plan planning and execution..
- Member of Division Ops Leadership Team..
- Represent the division and participate actively in the Engineering Council.
- Coordinate closely with VP Capital Projects and Engineering.
- Provide leadership and resourcing to all aspects of key divisional projects including justification, scoping, budgeting, scheduling, engineering, forecasting, execution, and reporting to meet the project objectives and deliver the expected benefits to the division.
- BS in Engineering.
- MBA a big plus
- PMP required
- 20+ year's experience with various engineering roles such as project, process, or plant engineering in industrial or manufacturing industry with progressing levels of responsibility.
- Must have managed multiple plants
- Capital project management experience of varying complexity and size through the entire project lifecycle.
- Experience leading teams to include mentoring, coaching, training, and developing team members.
- Experience with continuous improvement in all aspects of engineering and project management required.
- Experience with all facets of day to day plant operations 24x365 (shift work, finance, maintenance, HS, environmental).
- Experience with Performance Management systems.
- Heavy travel to multiple sites in the USA
Compensation includes generous bonus incentive, full relocation including house hunting trips, realtor fees, temporary living expenses.