Move to the Beach on us!
Top global manufacturer with multi sites and in high growth mode.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated, driven, competent HR professional that has experience with union labor force, but focuses on corporate strategy.
This person will be based at HQ in the Foley, Alabama region at HQ and oversee and drive all HR practices and policies for the plants and 4 satellite operations in the region.
Staff of 5 reporting
We are seeking an Lead HR Business Partner (HRBP). The HRBP will partner with the SVP Operations and Executives to support their continued growth organically and acquisitions.
You will provide human resource leadership for this division to drive the people agenda in terms of systems, processes, training, culture and helping to create a work environment that attracts, retains and energizes key talent. In addition, the HRBP will ensure that the operations teams have the optimum structure to deliver the business strategy for long-term, sustainable growth. The HRBP works to develop and execute programs/policies that maximize the organization's effectiveness toward achieving its mission and other stated business goals. All efforts will be aligned with the Corporate strategies.
The HRBP will be lead in Labor Relations and contract negotiations. Must have a high level of empathy and problem solving and lead with minimal direction. 1st Chair experience or NLRB would be helpful but not required.
The HRBP develops and initiates strategies (i.e. annual review of talent, succession planning and targeted development) to improve organizational effectiveness and employee engagement. The incumbent will be expected to establish trusted relationships by truly understanding the business and aligning human resources programs to credibly enable key initiatives across multiple facilities and locations. The HRBP will travel to the locations in the region, and could be traveling up to 20%.
The HRBP will partner with the external search firm on recruiting to ensure business goals are being met.
In addition, the HRBP is responsible for the following:
- Oversees the performance management process, and reviews and advises management regarding corrective action to improve performance and recognition to motivate exceptional performers.
- Helps drive productivity and performance, using HR systems and analytics to understand business issues, trends and recommended course correction. Includes disposition of key metrics, projected budget outlook, employee relations issues, reasons for labor turnover, etc.
- Conducts training where qualified and works with outside providers when special expertise is needed. Anticipates the need for and provides process facilitation (i.e. change management, new manager transitions, team building sessions, etc).
- Collaborates in the development, evaluation and implementation of compensation programs and plans. Administers incentive plans for eligible managers in alignment with corporate/business strategies.
- Oversees matters of laws, regulations, industry trends, best practices and new developments.
- Works collaboratively with others on cross-functional and/or global teams to execute strategic plans, and to generate ideas and introduce new concepts and HR processes.
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources or related field and 10+ years of experience;
- 5 + years in Union environment
- 4+ years in fast paced, always changing environment
- 5+ years experience as an HR business partner in a manufacturing environment
- 4+ years experience with union labor relations
- Strong business acumen, including data analysis
- Strong process orientation
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Handles sensitive information with integrity and gains trust quickly
- Ability to influence business stakeholders
- Proven collaboration skills and ability to achieve consensus
- Deep understanding of functional area, including legal issues