Who We Are
For the Job Seeker
How We Work
Set Up a Job Alert
For the Employer
How We Work
Searching for Executives
Searching for FT Employees
Searching for Contractors
Register / Login
I thought you might be interested in the MEDICAL DIRECTOR - MCO job listed at Top Dog Recruiting. Just copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://topdogrecruiting.hiringhook.com/JobSeeker/Detail.aspx?jid=02552618
Enter the number in the image to the right
MEDICAL DIRECTOR - MCO
Doctor of Osteopathy; Medical Doctor;
Add To My Jobs
View My Jobs
Send To Friend
...MEDICAL DIRECTOR- LTC and Medicare - FLORIDA!
..........National health plan is growing and diversifying in the FLORIDA market. A physician seeking a purposeful career with an opportunity to make a difference in the quality of care and access to care will thrive in this role.
- Medical Director will collaborate with the Chief Medical Director to direct and coordinate the medical management, quality improvement and credentialing functions for the FL health plan. Provides medical leadership of all for UM, cost containment, and medical QI activities. Be part of planning and establishing goals and policies to improve quality and cost-effectiveness of care and service for members. Performs medical review activities pertaining to utilization review, quality assurance, and medical review of complex, controversial, or experimental medical services. Supports effective implementation of performance improvement initiatives for capitated providers.
- Participates with the Chief MD in the functioning of the physician committees and oversees the activities of physician advisors. Utilizes the services of medical and pharmacy consultants for reviewing complex cases and medical necessity appeals. Participates in provider network development and new market expansion as appropriate. Assists in the development and implementation of physician education with respect to clinical issues and policies.
- Identifies utilization review studies and evaluates adverse trends in utilization of medical services, unusual provider practice patterns, and adequacy of benefit/payment components. Identifies clinical quality improvement studies to assist in reducing unwarranted variation in clinical practice in order to improve the quality and cost of care. Interfaces with physicians and other providers in order to facilitate implementation of recommendations to providers that would improve utilization and health care quality. Reviews claims involving complex, controversial, or unusual or new services in order to determine medical necessity and appropriate payment.
• Develops alliances with the provider community through the development and implementation of the medical management programs. As needed, may represent the business unit before various publics both locally and nationally on medical philosophy, policies, and related issues. Represents the business unit at appropriate state committees and other ad hoc committees
- MD or DO - Board certified preferable in a primary care specialty
- The candidate must be an actively practicing physician.
- Previous experience within an MCO and/or conducting medical reviews is preferred.
- Experience treating or managing care for a culturally diverse population preferred.
• Board Certification through American Board Medical Specialties
• Current Florida medical license without restrictions.
Hot Job Quick Links
Management Consulting Roles
Sales & Technical Sales
Accounting / Finance Roles
Big Data / Analytics / BI
Networking & Infrastructure Roles
SW Engineer / Architect
Technical Architecture Roles
HR & Recruiting Roles
Healthcare / Pharma Roles
Insurance Industry Roles
Real Estate Roles
© TOP DOG RECRUITING, LLC