A Lead Functional Safety Engineer is required to manage the safety activities and Hardware-Software interface specification for ECU Subsystems. Located in Farmington, MI area, this company is a leader in advanced vehicle safety systems. In this role, you will lead a team responsible for understanding the development of the ECU safety requirements from technical safety concepts and the allocation to HW and SW components. This is a solid, stable company that offers an opportunity to work on exciting new and advanced technologies. If you have as strong background in Functional Safety with ECU subsystem experience, then this position is well suited to you.Responsibilities of the Lead Functional Safety Engineer:
Qualifications of the Lead Functional Safety Engineer:
- Direct the day-to-day activities of FuSa engineers and mentor less-experienced team members.
- Participate in subsystem safety analysis using FMEA and Quantified FTA methods and join HW metrics activities compliant to ISO 26262.
- Collaborate with reliability engineering to develop HW component FIT estimations
- Work with component suppliers for Safety Manual, FMEDA, safety mechanisms capability, BIST, etc.
- Ensure proper specification of safety requirements and mechanisms for HW-SW interface specification (HSIS) by working with ECU Systems Engineering team.
- Identify, develop, review and allocate safety requirements.to the HW and SW components as per the ECU Subsystem architecture design.
- Help in requirement traceability and maintenance between ECU subsystem design, Hardware-Software components and testing.
- Help in requirements capturing on Requirements Management tools
- Guide Subsystem team by sharing functional and technical safety concept knowledge.
- Collaborate with product development systems engineering, system design and specification consistency for System and ECU Subsystem.
- Work with development systems engineering and ECU subsystem teams regarding changes.
- Provide feedback on improvement in system design for safety.
- Track and maintain functional safety issues for System/Subsystem and HW/SW interactions.
- Management of information in systems engineering tools (Model and document based)
- Define Supports system engineering process and rollout of systems engineering tools.
Compensation of the Lead Functional Safety Engineer:
- BS in SE/CS/CE/. EE with experience in automotive electronic/embedded systems development.
- Experience leading projects through the full development life-cycle is required
- Electronics DFMEA and FTA experience is required
- Experience in performing and managing functional safety activities as per the safety standards preferably ISO 26262 is required
- Braking system analysis experience is a plus.
- Skilled in developing requirements through PC level tools
- Ability to read and understand high level System models, Software Models and codes
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and component specifications
Salary Range: $100,000-135,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Farmington, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: TN visa, Permanent Resident, and US Citizen only. (NO OPT/H1B will be considered)Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful -
Functional, Safety, ECU , System, subsystem, Hardware, Software, Requirements, ISO, 26262, FMEA, FTA, "reliability engineering", FMEDA, " HW-SW interface specification", HSIS, architecture , design, development. components, testing, "systems engineering", DFA, "Dependent Failure Analysis", "electrical schematics", DOORs, IQ, RM, ITEM, toolkit, "Enterprise Architecture", SysML, " Product Lifecycle Management", "Medini Analyze",