Health Benefits Producer Consultant
Downers Grove, IL
Our Client is a premier health & welfare employee benefits consulting, risk management and brokerage firm. They partner with insurance carriers and innovative health solution providers to design and execute benefit strategies for mid-market size businesses in the Midwest.
They help clients proactively manage rising healthcare costs by mitigating risk, supporting business objectives, and providing innovative and “best practice” benefits solutions to their workforces.
Thier clients value our deep knowledge of healthcare trends, challenges, insurance markets, and consulting advice to their business needs.
This client is in growth mode and just moved to a new office in southwestern suburban Chicago area, IL. They are a boutique firm with deep health benefits expertise and work hard/play hard mentality.
This is an outstanding opportunity for driven, entrepreneurial, and consultative producers to make a significant impact and embrace the opportunity to continuously learn as consulting experts.
They offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and consultative sales training.
Key characteristics and duties include:
You will be able to prospect and market to target mid-market size businesses
You will be actively involved in the research of target prospects strategy, financials, benefits experience, and opportunities
You will Identify target prospect challenges and needs toward consulting right mix of valued solutions
You will design, sell, & broker insurance coverages (i.e. medical, dental, voluntary benefits) and benefit solutions (i.e. Wellness strategy, HSA/HRAs, technology portal, telemedicine, PBM, etc.)
You will be accountable to manage and be the lead on a collaborative team on sales strategy, sales process, and closing of new business
You will actively manage your own healthy sales pipeline and monthly sales forecast
You will network, build, and strengthen relations across C-Level and VPHR buying influences
You will lead by example and engage, educate, and help develop junior sales associates
You will stay current on healthcare benefit related challenges, regulations, solutions and best practices
You will collaborate effectively across other departments: Analytics, Client Services, and Finance
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of experience in benefits, insurance, banking, and/or investment new business sales
- Proven track record of sales pipeline development and exceeding sales quota
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Local travel as 80% of target market is Chicago area and surrounding counties
- Accident & Health and Life insurance license
- Deep knowledge of health & welfare benefits industry and trends
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Employee Benefits Financial Modeling Experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com, or sales CRM, and digital marketing
- Professional certification (CEBS, CPCU)
- Strong existing network of Chicago area mid-market business C-Level and VPs of HR