GLOBAL KEY ACCOUNTS APPLICATION ENGINEER (ROBOTICS)
Our client, an industry leader in factory automation products and solutions is seeking anApplication Engineer, Global Key Accounts (Robotics). Join a team of smart, dedicated, technical experts who are not only the best in their fields, but are committed to a tradition of technical leadership and innovation.
The Application Engineer, Global Key Accounts (Robotics) will provide engineering leadership, application development, pre and post sales large and/or strategic project support for Global Key Account Managers (GKAM) for Industrial Robotic Application. Test new products, and maintain direct contact with product development. Support EMS Sales Engineers and develop and/or deliver custom technical training to customers on all company products.
- Provide pre and post sales technical support to key and strategic customers on Industrial Robotics Projects, on-site, via phone, email or via SI/OEM, as appropriate.
- Oversee all engineering requirements and progress for assigned projects
- Maintain current knowledge of new products and applications, through self-study, hands-on testing of demo units, and seminar attendance.
- Assist marketing with technical documentation reviews, suggestions, etc.
- Evaluate, support, educate and provide technical leadership for Systems Integrators.
- Provide advanced and custom technical training to customers, and company personnel on company products.
- Deliver presentations to external organizations or entities on applications, as requested.
- Document support case data utilizing CRM.
25% Travel for training and application support within North America and Asia.
- Ability to develop and maintain complex applications, up-to-date technical knowledge, including the latest company products
- Possess technical writing skills.
- Possess customer service and phone skills.
- Possess ability to develop, write and perform technical training for groups.
- Possess organization skills, i.e. for documents, demos, and work area, and time management.
- Possess project management skills.
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Professional, patient, positive, confident communication style and attitude.
- Ability to write and perform technical product and solution training for groups.
- Organization skills, i.e. for documents, demos, work area and time management.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with Industrial Robot application (hardware and software).
- Strong background in PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, Industrial network, process control, IEC 1131 programming standards, and competitive product knowledge is preferred.
- Smart Device Industry applications expertise is a definitely plus.
- Chinese Language is plus
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 0-3 years of application experience with robotics and industrial automation products and customers.
Mountain View, California, United States