Job Title: Field Service Engineer - Voltage Regulators, Excitation or Generator Protection
Job Summary: Travel to various sites for installations, system maintenance, or to conduct training on large generation control and protection systems. Design, installations and commissioning specifically related to voltage regulators, excitation or generator protection.
• Complete wiring and/or provide technical direction to craft labor for installation of new generator excitation and protection and controls equipment.
• Work with the Engineering department to develop installation task lists and designs.
• Responsible for material and equipment procurement.
• Facilitate mobilization, demolition, and installation activities including equipment and tool shipping, scheduling, and supervision of craft labor on site.
• Assist with maintenance and testing of generator excitation systems, protective relays, and other auxiliary equipment.
• Participate in educational activities.
• Write trip reports that describe, in detail, the system and device failure and actions taken. Review the system problem and solution with the Design Engineering group.
• Travel to customer sites to oversee installations of equipment, perform system startup or required maintenance, provide instructions for customer maintenance, or repair equipment.
• Design, build, and test breadboard units required for jobs or projects with minimal supervision.
• Evaluate reports on component and equipment failures, and recommend solutions.
• Represent company while at customer facility.
• Assist the Sales team in the determination of cost responsibility.
• Provide technical support while at company facilities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BSEE degree and utility/power plant experience
• Experience with excitation systems and Navy controls systems, prime mover controls including balance of plant PLC controls with SCADA systems or HMI.
• Extensive travel with little advance notice (50-65%)
• Electrician with trade or vocational training.
• Industrial or power plant experience required.
• Understanding of and ability to implement electrical drawings, connection drawings, interconnection drawings, and schematics.