Embedded Software Engineer
Summary of the Embedded Software Engineer
One of our long term clients, a cutting edge developer of active safety and automated driving technology, needs an Embedded Software Engineer to help them grow. In this role you will develop control systems for new generation technology. In a full life cycle position, you will be responsible for requirements analysis, software design, coding, test plans, and production delivery. Working hand in hand with other teams (hardware, systems, etc) you will make sure the final product hits goals. This is a client offers exciting work and long-term stability. They develop cutting-edge technologies that are always evolving, your work will never be routine. It is an open, team oriented work environment and will support your career growth.
Responsibilities of the Embedded Software Engineer
- Estimates in project work plan for assigned tasks
- Regular updates of assigned task progression for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Propose new product process or infrastructure improvements
- Be part of the team working on current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at meetings;
- Consensus building and team-focused behavior
Qualifications of the Embedded Software Engineer
- BSEE/CE/CS and 3+ years experience in embedded software design.
- MUST HAVE experience with Simulink and C Programming.
- Experience with auto systems is a strong plus.
- Experience in developing Radar signal processing is a big plus
- Strong skills in C for 16/32 bit microcontrollers, along with knowledge of Assembly. Experience in RTOS-based development.
- Full life cycle backgroound, such as requirements generation, design reviews, implementation and design validation.
- Background with CAN protocols (GMLAN, FNOS, etc.), AUTOSAR, and/or tools such as compilers, CodeWrite, emulators, etc. is a plus.
- Solid communication skills.
Compensation of the Embedded Software Engineer
Salary Range: $75,000-110,000/year
Location: Southeast MI
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - BS, "B.S.", Bachelors, Bachelor, "General Motor Local Area Network", "Controller Area Network", Embedded, Embedded, firmware, "real time", "real-time", RTOS, software,"Ford Network Operating System", GUI, "graphical user interface", Engineer, “Vector tools”, GMLAN, GM-LAN, "GM LAN", Canalyzer,Canape, Canoe, CMMI, AUTOSAR, HIL, SIL, c/c++, "programming", vehicle, engineering, FNOS