Who We Are
For the Job Seeker
How We Work
Set Up a Job Alert
For the Employer
How We Work
Searching for Executives
Searching for FT Employees
Searching for Contractors
Register / Login
I thought you might be interested in the Director of Quality job listed at Top Dog Recruiting. Just copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://topdogrecruiting.hiringhook.com/JobSeeker/Detail.aspx?jid=02456029
Enter the number in the image to the right
Director of Quality
$100,000.00 - $125,000.00
Bachelor; Bachelor of Science;
Add To My Jobs
View My Jobs
Send To Friend
This position is responsible for four manufacturing plants. This includes both the food safety requirements (SQF). Also responsibl6e for conducting regulatory and customer inspections of the facility. Quality Managers from all four plants will report to this Director of Quality
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for supporting the plants in the areas of Food Safety and Quality Assurance.
Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to manufacturing plant employees.
Understanding regulatory, customer, and company requirements, policies, and procedures.
Direct QA systems in order to satisfy internal and customer requirements
Oversight of QA Systems would include the following responsibilities:
- Process evaluation and product protection programs.
- Process specification and standard conformance.
- CIP and COP programs and validation & verification.
- HACCP plan formulation, administration and training.
- Product labeling compliance to include preserved identity items (Kosher, HALAL, rBST, GMO status, Natural).
- Product storage and distribution.
- Proactively monitor quality systems to optimize detection of failures in manufacturing processes.
- Ensure the supplier quality management program is in place and effective in each of our locations.
- Customer complaint investigation and resolution.
party, customer and regulatory audit follow-up and resolution to adverse findings.
- Lead and direct regular team conference calls and meetings to facilitate communication, education, teamwork, and problem solving.
Support of Quality Systems would include:
- Hold & release programs for each facility.
- Traceability of our products from raw material to the consumer.
- Mock recall & recovery efforts.
- Product testing, grading and review.
- Product functionality testing.
- Process verification programs.
- Internal auditing to proactively optimize detection systems.
- External auditing to include 3
party, customer and regulatory inspections, audits and surveys.
- Environmental microbiological monitoring programs.
- Direct and guide problem solving efforts through facilitation of team meetings and on-the-floor leadership.
- Promote continuous improvement.
- Communicate with Operations, QA and Sales teams as necessary to satisfy customer, company and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with 3
party, customer and regulatory visitors to our facilities.
- Travel to all four manufacturing plants, aging warehouses, or suppliers / co-packers as necessary to support company operations.
MANAGEMENT / SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Directs and supervises the QA Managers at each of our four locations.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of human capital in the QA Department.
Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, food science, or related science discipline. Extensive equivalent experience will be taken into consideration.
Minimum of ten (10) years QA related experience in the dairy industry.
Experience processing, utilizing, or packaging dairy products preferred.
Experience in managing and directing QA functions in multiple sites to insure perspective for both fine details and the big picture.
Working knowledge of State Department of Agriculture, USPH, FDA, and USDA regulatory requirements.
Strong understanding of food safety and quality systems to include HACCP, environmental pathogen monitoring, pest control, and sanitation.
Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships within all levels of the organization as well as with external customers and regulatory agents.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish, facts, draw sound conclusions, and provide solutions.
Ability to influence, communicated, and effect positive change.
Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently while displaying good time management skills.
Ability to manage multiple tasks in multiple locations and meet set deadlines.
Working knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, as well as knowledge of AS-400 systems.
Hot Job Quick Links
Management Consulting Roles
Sales & Technical Sales
Accounting / Finance Roles
Big Data / Analytics / BI
Networking & Infrastructure Roles
SW Engineer / Architect
Technical Architecture Roles
HR & Recruiting Roles
Healthcare / Pharma Roles
Insurance Industry Roles
Real Estate Roles
© TOP DOG RECRUITING, LLC