Director of Finance / Assistant Controller | CPA or CPA in Process Required | Atlanta, GA
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program
Greater Atlanta Area / Local Candidates Only Please
We are conducting an executive search in the Greater Atlanta Area. Our client offers employees a unique, performance-based culture where each employee is rewarded commensurate with their individual performance, the performance of their team, and the success of the company overall. They promote a culture of professional collaboration, teamwork, camaraderie, and promotion from within – we are always seeking promotable talent for this particular client.
The ideal candidate will be most at home working in a more formal, highly professional corporate office environment – the organization has a stable of multi-billion-dollar clientele. This position requires an individual with a unique blend of industry specific finance expertise combined with superb communication, people, and presentation skills. The selected individual will be interacting with and presenting to C-Level Executives, Board Members, Select Committees, and related Stakeholders.
- The Director of Finance/Assistant Controller leads the general accounting and financial reporting process, AR and AP functions, and assists the Sr. Director of Finance/Controller with related financial matters
- Manages accounting functions, including cash balancing, general ledger account reconciliations, and monthly close
- Leads financial reporting functions, including monthly budget and forecast, cash flow, investment, and premium reports for internal and external purposes
- Manages accounts payable and accounts receivable, including premium billing and reinsurance billing
- Prepare executive and board level presentations
- Manages the claims payment function, including review and approval of all claims payments
- Manages outsourced internal control function and annual internal controls testing engagement
- Manages financial statement audit
- Reviews and prepares tax provision and works with tax consultants on tax strategy and execution
- Backfill the Sr. Director of Finance responsibilities as necessary when business demands warrant
- Assists with process improvement strategies for all accounting functions
- Performs special projects on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Designation as a CPA or working toward CPA path required
- 5-7 years’ current work experience in accounting or finance
- Previous supervisory / managerial experience
- Current experience and knowledge of financial services industry (insurance, banking, accountancy, investment firms, stock brokerages, consumer-finance, credit-card, credit unions)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus
Forward your resume today for our confidential review.
People and Careers Perfectly Aligned.