Headquartered in the Central Valley of California, this thriving company has been in business for over 50 years and is growing in leaps and bounds! With multiple divisions to serve its customers effectively with integrated solutions and proven success, this employer continues to expand, and is now seeking to hire a Director of Finance to lead and support all business unites in the organization and lead with a Business Partner approach.
In this role, you would have the opportunity to be part of an expanding operation with a friendly work environment, while enjoying competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and stable employment. If you have good Finance leadership experience within a large corporate environment, and are comfortable pro-actively communicating to leadership where the company is tracking and trending and staying ahead of the curve, operating in a strategic Business Partner approach, this role is well-suited to you! (SAP experience a must.)
The Director of Finance will provide financial and business leadership to all business units in the organization. Responsible for leading the annual and 5 year financial planning processes.
• Prepares and leads the annual operating plan process, providing financial and business leadership to all business units.
• Prepares and leads the 5 year financial plan, as well as works with the executive team developing strategic plans.
• Works cross-functionally to drive delivery of the OGSTMs, embedding initiatives required in supporting functions.
• Monitors and coordinates delivery of critical initiatives with supporting functions.
• Tracks and ensures delivery of operating plans through reporting and identification of key variances and driving recommended required actions to close gaps or capitalize on favorable trends.
• Analyzes ROI and profitability for business initiatives.
• Ensures financial controls for business operations through compliance with corporate policy and identification of required controls for new business processes and transactions.
• Develops pricing strategy for manufacturing companies and implements procedures to ensure compliance with policy.
• Coordinates the development of Board meeting materials, working with executive team to compile the presentation package. Provides quality control.
• Leads ERM assessment, identifying areas for risk management improvement and coordinating executive team efforts to mitigate risks.
• Coordinates preparation of annual business valuation with outside vendor, supplying required financial documents and business analysis, reviewing final report.
• Develops, coaches, and mentors subordinate staff.
• Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance plus 12 years of Finance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility, to include supervisory or managerial experience.
• CPA or MBA.
• Experience managing financial planning and reporting.
• Excellent demonstrated negotiation and communication skills.
• Experience addressing strategic issues as well as day-to-day operational concerns.
• Comfortable and effective in the role of change agent.
• Experience staffing and developing an organization.
• Solid performance record of building effective teams and forging successful relationships.
• Leadership/management strength to provide motivational guidance and direction.
• SAP experience highly preferred (and good systems experience and implementation experience preferred).
• Good experience in large organizations preferred.