How We Work
Set Up a Job Alert
Hot Jobs Newsletter
Register / Login
I thought you might be interested in the Director of Engineering- Consumer Goods background ONLY job listed at Top Dog Recruiting. Just copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://topdogrecruiting.hiringhook.com/JobSeeker/Detail.aspx?jid=02625991
Enter the number in the image to the right
Director of Engineering- Consumer Goods background ONLY
$135,000.00 - $150,000.00
Add To My Jobs
View My Jobs
Send To Friend
Our firm is in search of a Director of Engineering for our client in Western TN. To be considered you MUST have a current background working in
. This is a national search and is a NEW add on position within the company.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is working in the following company work settings:
Power tools, appliances –small and large, HVAC, Lawn and Garden, any electro-mechanical products. It is a plus if you are working with products that produce wind and or lighting.
Here are the top MUST HAVES we are looking for in a qualified candidate:
1. Proven Leadership – Strong R & D management experience ready to take it to the next level in your career.
2. Solid Collaboration skills working with multiple disciplines internal and external
3. Strategic thinker – Experienced putting together strategy for future developments; skill assessment and resource planning; knows how to prepare presentations to business leaders for approval
4. Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced degree preferred.
5. 10+ years engineering experience with 3 years minimum as Engineering Manager focused in product development.
Special qualifications or skills
Entrepreneurial with vision for future products
Experience related to the following areas
Motor and Controls
Extrusion, Die Casting, Plastics, Sheet Metal
Design for Manufacturing
Use of simulations in design
Supplier interactions and visits
Six Sigma tools from customer to end of life
Attention to detail and possession of excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
is based on years of expereince and starts at 135k with a range up to 150k with a 20% bonus target.
Technology and Innovation is a key focus growth area for the company, and the newly created position will be given a high level of support and resources to insure success. This position is surrounded by cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment with passion for new technologies to further meet the customer needs.
The position will be responsible for directing engineers in the design, development of new technologies that will include electronic controls, motor development, material sciences, mechanical designs, etc. This person will lead all ongoing technical product development with a focus on identification and application of innovation, cost, quality, manufacturability, safety and time to market targets.
Here is what your team of Direct Reports will look like, thus you should have expereince working with folks who have these job titles:
• Engineering Manager – Technology
• Program Manager – R&D
• Sr. Program Manager – Motor Development
• Sr. Program Manager – R&D
• Project Engineer – Technology
• Sr. Designer
Also indirectly there will be resources in China assigned to R & D projects
If you have an appetite to get to the next level in your career and want to be working in a great learning environment, here are
reasons why you should consider this role:
• Our client is a small company, but with a BIG company feel.
• Small company= not much red tape
• The latest and greatest in technology.
• Here you have a great opportunity for your strengths to be seen.
• Our client conducts annual performance reviews and quarterly talent reviews
• Our client company is growing and there is a new start up division in the works.
Here is a bit of what you will be DOING and should have expereince DOING:
• Provide technical leadership for the Residential/Commercial/Industrial businesses, Direct all budget and capital activities for R&D product development.
• Provide strong technical direction by evaluating and guiding Product Strategy through design and development.
• Ensure the best technical direction of staff to deliver world-class innovation from initial concept to launch with best practices and advanced development techniques.
• Deliver a seamless transition of viable new technologies into the product development process managing risks while meeting quality, schedule, and cost goals.
• Conduct regular technology reviews to Executive staff and management.
• Conduct analysis to ensure product safety, quality, reliability and agency compliance standards are maintained.
This position reports to:
VP of Engineering
Our client offers a robust benefits package, plus relocation allowance. To learn more, email your resume to us along with your salary requirements. Our client’s interview process will move quickly!
Hot Job Quick Links
Management Consulting Roles
Sales & Technical Sales
Accounting / Finance Roles
AI / Machine Learning
Big Data / Analytics / BI
Networking & Infrastructure Roles
SW Engineer / Architect
Technical Architecture Roles
HR & Recruiting Roles
Healthcare / Pharma Roles
Insurance Industry Roles
Real Estate / Construction Roles
© TOP DOG RECRUITING, LLC