Highly successful, multi-billion dollar HVAC corporation looking to hire a Director, Human Resources for one of their commercial business units.
The Director, HR provides strategic human resources leadership and serves as the senior advisor and business partner to the General Plant Manager on all aspects of human capital management. This location is 750sf with over 1,300 employees is the foundation of this division and has been consistently recognized for its performance. The Director HR will support and ensure effective staffing and retention for all plant operations, partnering with the plant leadership team to drive high levels of positive employee engagement, partnering with all Centers of Excellence (CoE’s) to deliver high levels of human resources services in compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, labor and employment law, and employee and talent development. The Director, HR is a key member of the plant leadership team and serves a role model for effective, firm, fair, and innovative leadership. The Director, HR is a key player in maintaining a positive and productive relationship with the local community and surrounding municipalities. The Director, HR also needs to be an inspirational leader who supports the General Plant Manager in the building of the right culture focused on cost, quality, delivery and safety while sustaining high standards for order lead times and delivery.
- Close business partner with General Plant Manager and the plant leadership team.
- Key contributor to creating and executing the factory strategy, ensuring human resources implications are effectively identified and addressed.
- Drive effective talent management strategies across the factory, including recruiting, performance management, succession planning, employee development, employee engagement, diversity, inclusion, and retention.
- Develop and implement effective positive employee relations strategies to aggressively preserve non-union status
- Designs and develops all people policies and procedures in alignment with all corporate policies and the Code of Business Conduct
- Design, recommend and implement actions to strengthen organizational design and effectiveness
- Partner with the Centers of Excellence teams in Compensation/Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Employment and Labor Law, and Employee and Talent Development to ensure delivery of the highest level of HR services to the business
- Champion the culture, driving an environment of accountability, open communication, and high ethical standards
- Closely partner with VP/HR and Sr. HRBP, North America to develop and execute key functional initiatives
- Build and develop an effective team of HR professionals to provide exemplary service to the factory
- Drive process and efficiency improvement across all functions of the HR department Provide change management leadership to be proactive in anticipating, assessing, and addressing the needs of the factory
- Drive and oversee all factory communications to include bulletin boards, TV’s, written communication to staff and employees, etc.
- Lead all Employee Relations efforts to encompass communication, retention and positive engagement
- Provide coaching, counseling, and guidance on disciplinary actions and reviews disciplinary action by supervisors for effectiveness and consistency
- Support the Vision and Mission statement of the business segment
Successful, 10+ year track record in large, single site industrial manufacturing organizations
Significant HR management experience and knowledge of human resources systems Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
Track record of effectively resolving customer related issues, improving processes and helping in efficiency
A demonstrated capacity to navigate effectively in a matrix environment
The ability to balance local market considerations with the overall corporate priorities of the business
Experience in delivering corporate HR programs and initiatives and ensuring they are embraced by and become embedded within the local business
• Sound knowledge of technical HR systems, processes and procedures
• Sound knowledge of applicable labor and employee law guidelines related to a manufacturing operation
• The ability to manage and mediate conflict is also is also essential.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and presenting high impact plan to senior leadership
• Solid analytical and process management skills. Has strong business acumen and able to define and understand the most critical issues
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong management skills, with emphasis on people development
• Continuously, but constructively, demanding of team performance
• Outstanding cross-functional leadership skills; viewed as credible by business unit/functional leaders
• Willingness to “constructively dissent” and challenge senior management thinking
• Visionary leader with a strong business perspective
• Able to get buy-in and commitment from both internal and external stakeholders
• Command respect based on experiences