Our client manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. Over 760,000 patients have been provided integrated care management as of June 2016. Their leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
We are committed to bringing the benefits of coordinated care to our patients and to taking a leading role in the transformation of the national healthcare delivery system to assure quality, access, and affordable care for all.
If you're looking to make a difference with a large, financially stable, well-recognized medical group, this may be the employer for you. Overview:
This teammate will be accountable for our contract operations team and overall contract life-cycle management. This teammate will be largely focused on our Medicare Advantage, Commercial HMO and Managed Medicaid books of business. Essential Functions:
- Be the key architect in the redesign of our contracting operations capability
- Standard contracts & workflows
- Standard processes / variance reduction
- Contract loading, configuration, validation, audit
- Contract Lifecycle Management IT system
- Provider, payor and hospital communication (NOCs, etc.)
- Provider directory and fee schedule maintenance
- Network adequacy analytics
- Operational support for all contracting efforts
- Performance management, metrics, etc.
- The ability to dramatically impact the business from Day 1
- Manage a contracting portfolio in excess of 15K relationships – payor, provider, hospital and ancillary
- Lead a large team across 7 markets
The Director will be part of both the National contracting team, playing a pivotal role in the overall direction of the business. The Director will join a team of highly motivated individuals with previous leadership experience across an array of healthcare verticals, consulting and banking.
This position reports to the VP, National Network & Contracting Operations, with significant opportunity for advancement within the contracting team. Locally in Denver, this teammate will sit with a team of Contracting VPs, Directors, Managers and Specialists.
- MBA. Prefer candidates from top-ranked institutions.
- Minimum: Over 7 years and up to including 10 years of management experience
- Preferred: Over 10 years of management experience
- Risk experience (Medicare Advantage, Commercial HMO, Managed Medicaid)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Executive presence
- Built / designed contracting operations processes & procedures
- Managed a Contract Lifecycle Management IT system
- Led teams
- Strategic mind
- Strong analytical, communication, management, and relationship skills
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Desire to have fun and make a difference
This company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, this company makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
This company will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.