Headquartered in the Central Valley of California, this thriving company has been in business for over 50 years and is growing in leaps and bounds! With multiple divisions to serve its customers effectively with integrated solutions and proven success, this employer continues to expand, and is seeking to hire a Director of Finance to lead and support all business units in the organization and lead with a Business Partner approach. The Director of Finance will report directly to the CFO.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of an expanding operation with a friendly work environment while enjoying competitive compensation and bonus structure, excellent benefits, and stable employment. If you have good Finance leadership experience within a large corporate environment (such as Proctor & Gamble), and are comfortable pro-actively communicating to leadership where the company is tracking and trending and communicating strategies on staying ahead of the curve (basically operating in a strategic Business Partner approach) this role is well-suited to you! (SAP experience is a must.)
The Director of Finance will provide financial and business leadership to all business units in the organization. Responsible for leading the annual and 5 year financial planning processes.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Prepare and lead the annual operating plan process, providing financial and business leadership to all business units.
• Prepare and lead the 5 year financial plan, as well as work with the executive team developing strategic plans.
• Work cross-functionally to drive delivery of the OGSTMs, embedding initiatives required in supporting functions.
• Monitor and coordinate delivery of critical initiatives with supporting functions.
• Track and ensure delivery of operating plans through reporting and identification of key variances and driving recommended required actions to close gaps or capitalize on favorable trends.
• Analyze ROI and profitability for business initiatives.
• Ensure financial controls for business operations through compliance with corporate policy and identification of required controls for new business processes and transactions.
• Develop pricing strategy for manufacturing companies and implement procedures to ensure compliance with policy.
• Coordinate the development of Board meeting materials, working with executive team to compile the presentation package. Provide quality control.
• Lead ERM assessment, identifying areas for risk management improvement and coordinating executive team efforts to mitigate risks.
• Coordinate preparation of annual business valuation with outside vendor, supplying required financial documents and business analysis, reviewing final report.
• Develop, coach, and mentor subordinate staff.
• Conduct performance evaluations; recommend salary adjustments; reward employees or take disciplinary action, as necessary; address complaints and resolve issues.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance plus 12 years of Finance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility, to include supervisory or managerial experience.
• CPA or MBA preferred.
• Experience managing financial planning and reporting.
• Excellent demonstrated negotiation and communication skills.
• Experience addressing strategic issues as well as day-to-day operational concerns.
• Comfortable and effective in the role of change agent.
• Experience staffing and developing an organization.
• Solid performance record of building effective teams and forging successful relationships.
• Leadership / management strength to provide motivational guidance and direction.
• SAP experience required.
• Good systems experience and implementation experience highly preferred.
• Good experience in large organizations preferred (with recognizable company names within the CPG, manufacturing, and/or Food & Beverage industries preferred).
• Excellent career history with good job stability (no job hoppers).
• Demonstrated history of achievements, making a solid contribution within organizations.
• Good experience with FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis)
• Overall, good Finance leadership experience within a large corporate environment (such as Proctor & Gamble), with comfort level pro-actively communicating to leadership where the company is tracking and trending and communicating strategies on staying ahead of the curve (basically operating in a strategic Business Partner approach).
US CITIZENS AND GREEN CARD HOLDERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
SOME MINOR TRAVEL MAY BE REQUIRED.
RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.