Expanding pharmaceutical client is seeking a Cost Accountant/ Financial Analyst who will be responsible for standard cost analysis and maintenance as well as month-end responsibilities related to inventory. The individual will present and analyze cost data in the business unit to identify opportunities for improvement. Main responsibilities are as follows:
· Conduct standard cost analysis and maintenance.
· Assist Finance with month-end close of General Ledger.
· Analyze costs, production variances, bills of materials and other cost accounting functions.
· Evaluate and analyze profitability.
· Create and manage standard reporting for costing at the site consistent with the business unit.
· Interact with the supply chain management team to ensure accurate cost data.
· Serve as the subject matter expert on cost accounting for the business units.
· Assist in preparing/analyzing monthly financial reports, including balance sheets and income statements.
· Sox implementation and on-going support.
· Assume other Finance, Accounting and Business Analysis responsibilities as determined.
· Support external audit process by preparation of schedules and interaction with audit team.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
· CPA is a plus
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Cost Accounting.
· Relevant experience in manufacturing is required.
· Strong knowledge of accounting regulations and company accounting policies and practices, and unquestioned integrity in the application of such standards.
· SAP experience is a MUST
· Hyperion experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley is a plus.