Commercial Property Claims Specialist
Woodland Hills, CA USA
Responsible for the complete handling, including establishment of coverage, liability and damages, to enable equitable resolutions of all lines of business claim assignments. This includes the analysis and resolution of complex coverage, liability and damages that may need the assistance of subject matter experts.
The position requires use of independent judgement and decision making on a wide range of claims issues without management's involvement regarding areas of assigned responsibility up to the delegated authority levels for reserves and settlements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the setup, investigation, analysis and evaluation through to settlement of all claim assignments to include the issues of coverage, liability and damages.
2. Negotiate equitable settlements and produce successful resolutions in accordance with company policies and department guidelines within delegated authority.
3. Reasonably rely upon the assistance of subject matter experts, attorneys and company management in order to effectively manage assigned claims.
4. Adequately supervise assigned counsel and accurately report the ongoing status and progress of litigated claims.
5. Exercise independent judgement and employs sound decision making in undertaking the above responsibilities.
6. Comply with all aspects of the Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations for all states where claims occur.
7. Properly document all claim files with dated progress notes and reports to record results of investigation and handling, stating reasons for decisions and evaluations in accordance with guidelines.
8. Establish and maintain appropriate reserves on all claims which reflect company policies and guidelines.
9. Attend settlement conferences, hearings and other meetings as required.
10. Assist in reaching company and department objectives by managing acceptable pending file counts and successfully concluding all claim assignments that meet or exceed company standards.
11. Undertake responsibility for subrogation and salvage recoveries and reinsurance reporting.
12. Meets or exceeds company assigned objectives on a quarterly basis.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors/managers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
1. High School diploma or equivalent (G. E. D.)
2. Minimum 3 years related experience handling Homeowners & Commercials Property Claims.
3. Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university preferred
4. Professional designations preferred
Specialized Knowledge and/or Skills:
1. Proficiency in Interpretation of policies and coverages.
2. Experience working in concert with Independent Adjusters / Outside Resources.
3. Familiarity with Property repair techniques and related repair estimates.
4. Keyboard speed of 45 words per minute.
5. Knowledge of coverages written by the company as well as overall knowledge of the Principles of Insurance.
6. Ability to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing and listening at all levels.
7 Demonstrated performance indicating sufficient level of competence to accept job responsibilities and accountability.
8. Possess analytical skills and decision-making ability to effectively recognize and evaluate coverage and claim problems.
9. Ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to accomplish job responsibilities.
10. Physical and emotional stamina and stability to perform effectively under adverse conditions, within deadlines and with heavy workloads when necessary.
11. Proficiency MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook preferred.