Functional Business Analyst
JD Edwards Functional Business Analyst collaborates with both business and technical teams on process design, redesign, and optimization. They will assist in the functional implementation of JD Edwards applications and/or related upgrades. Identify objectives, desired features, and have the ability to translate those requirements into technical specifications for configuration & development.
The Business Analysts can provide functional support for deployed applications, and assist with the implementation of enhancements, and/or related upgrades. Create and maintain application specific documentation and instructions, and understand the impacts a process change might have across the system. Assist in the development, coordination and implementation plans to test business and functional processes and quality assurance testing. Lead functional user acceptance testing of patches and upgrades. Monitor and document post-implementation problems and revision requests, and assist in the definition/prioritization of upcoming releases.
Manage internal service and change requests, and similar requests with Oracle Support (MOS). Draft user documentation for new or updated applications, and provide training and training materials to users. Guide users in the implementation of business processes.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurate and detailed requirements documentation and integration testing using standard work products
- Research, escalation, and prioritization along with timely resolution of business issues
- Work closely with the technical team and business contacts to ensure IT is meeting business objectives
- Work closely with System Managers, Developers and testers to ensure quality of application changes and solutions. Facilitate UAT testing activities
- In-depth knowledge of applications they support: current functionality, planned functionality, pain-points, workarounds, impacts, timetables, etc
- Meet with business partners, RM's and Solution Leads (business unit, functional area, etc) to understand current system needs, future goals; support the SDLC and help to establish realistic timetables for completion
- Facilitate/Execute efforts related to system changes (programming, testing, performing system set up, etc)
- Develop necessary documentation associated with recommended business system changes. Meet with internal IT staff to communicate/educate the business' desired system changes
Critical Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with interpersonal skills to work well on cross-functional teams
- Familiar with JD Edwards data structures, functional configurations, UDC's and overall process functionality
- Thorough knowledge of Business Solution(s) being supported
- Experience with JD Edwards Enterprise One (Version 9.0 or above - Version 9.2 a plus)
Education/ Training Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of JD Edwards functional manufacturing and/or distribution experience. Proven functional area lead on at least 2 JD Edwards implementations.
- Exposure to a variety of Manufacturing and/or distribution environments with an understanding of different system configuration approaches.
- Proven track record of system enhancement and optimization of existing processes.
- JD Edwards certification a plus.