Top 15 Chicago CPA Firm—Chicago—Salary Commensurate with Experience + Bonus
- Client provides substantial benefits package, which includes health insurance, a retirement plan, paid time off and maternity/paternity leave, and other work/life programs.
- Company consists of highly skilled, well-educated staff.
- Company offers better work/life balance than large national firms.
Note from the Hiring Manager
The Audit Senior or the Audit Supervisor can be based in Downtown Chicago or in the Northern Burbs. A viable candidate must have public accounting experience.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Experience in manufacturing.
- Experience auditing large manufacturers, with consolidations and international exposure.
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff auditors.
- For Audit Senior: 3-5 years; CPA not required.
- For Audit Supervisor: 5-8 years; CPA required.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Analytical, problem-solving abilities.
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Interest in working as part of a team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct and supervise all aspects of field work of audit and accounting engagements.
- Supervise staff accountants and prepare staff evaluation reports.
- Complete all financial statements, tax returns and special services.
- Review all work papers, financial statements and tax returns before submission to manager/principal for further review.
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients and prepare management advisory letters.
- Plan engagements including preparation of audit programs and time budgets to achieve quality and efficiency goals.