Global Consulting Firm – Evanston, IL – Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Client has had 15% yearly growth over the last several years.
- Client’s people come from diverse backgrounds, but share a passion for quality customer service and dedication—whether our customer is a client or another employee.
- Opportunity to gain a broad range of experience including exposure to international issues.
- Have direct access to CFO, Controller, and other senior managers.
- Great opportunity to help company build out their Controllership infrastructure.
- 8% target bonus.
Note from the Hiring Manager
Targeting candidates out of public accounting with private clients in professional services/broad industry experience or candidates with large CPA firms. Also targeting candidates with international experience, personally or professionally.
Position Summary of Assistant Controller
Seeking an Assistant Controller to join company’s global Controllership team. This position will report to the Global Controller and will be directly responsible for oversight of company’s management accounting process, which supports monthly reporting output to senior stakeholders.
Minimum Education & Experience of Assistant Controller
- BS/BA degree in Accounting with strong academic credentials. CPA highly desirable.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in public accounting firm or public/private mix.
- Strong communication and analytical skills while being highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks independently.
- Experience in international accounting or in an internationally-oriented setting a plus.
- Experience in SAP is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel).
Duties & Responsibilities of Assistant Controller
- Ensure a high quality of accounting output.
- Review, reconcile, and consolidate different dorms of monthly management reports for use by internal stakeholders, including departmental heads and senior business leaders.
- Provide assurance to support the accuracy and completeness of company results, both as one form of output relates to another, regarding consistency of accounting output with global directives, internal policies, and US GAAP.
- Oversee accounting processes to ensure time/cost efficiency and reengineer low performing workflows.
- Design and implement controls as necessary to address the risk of financial reporting inaccuracies; continuously monitor these controls to ensure their effectiveness.
- Design and implement new management accounting methodologies.
- Research business needs and convert requirements into accounting-based solutions which are successfully realized with the system, resources, and timetable available.
- Understand business processes and anticipate areas for adding value to the services provided by finance team; roll out and enforce adherence to these standards according to global accounting policies.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute company’s internal month-end and year-end reporting process.
- Troubleshoot problems in SAP system, i.e. incorrect cost rates or delays in key programs; ensure successful resolution by instructing SAP support team and managing stakeholder dialogue accordingly.
- Support company’s FP&A and Client Financial Management groups in their understanding and interpretation of accounting data; train other team members to understand and work effectively with the established processes.
- Review balance sheet and income statement reconciliations performed by shared service team; provide feedback, mentor, and coach accordingly to nurture junior talent.
- Work with other controllership team members, to support annual financial statement audit.
- Record journal entries and ensure that the books are kept up-to-date.
- Lead and participate in other special projects as necessary.