Middle Market Private Equity Firm—Downtown Chicago—Salary Commensurate with Experience
Note from Hiring Manager
- 2+ years I-banking experience in M&A at a recognized firm.
- MBA not required
- No relocation.
- Targeting 2-3 years of experience, valuation experience from the Big 4 will be considered.
- Extensive modeling experience required.
- Hierarchy—Analyst, Associate, Principle.
Position Summary of Analyst
Seeking analysts with a passion for advancing in a career within the private equity industry and seek to contribute excellence in all work product performed. Company’s culture is built on a teamwork philosophy and a passion for relentless execution on data analysis and due diligence. The analyst will work on a variety of assignments, including financial modeling performed for acquisitions and performing various deep ad-hoc analysis on components of a target company’s financial data.
Minimum Education & Experience of Analyst
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Management (with concentration in finance) or MBA from accredited college or university.
- 2+ years relevant finance experience, investment banking experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency and ability to maximize applications of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical, comprehension, and problem solving skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to master new tasks and industries quickly.
- Demonstrate leadership experience and strong personal integrity.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
- Commitment to obtaining outstanding results.
Duties & Responsibilities of Analyst
- Perform valuation analysis on wide range of private companies within various industries using accepted and relevant approaches and theory.
- Design and work with financial models for valuation purposes.
- Perform on site support to management of company’s portfolio companies.
- Independently gather data pertinent to target company including company site visits.
- Assist in preparation and presentation of results of analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Contribute directly to development of proposals and presentations communicated to current and prospective companies.
- Preform in-depth client, industry, market, and competitor research.