Top National Advisory Firm—Chicago—Salary Commensurate with Experience
Our client has 10+ offices around the US with needs as well!
Role focuses on advisory projects, including M&A, IPO Readiness, carve outs, etc. Company’s accounting services help clients minimize project risk, accelerate completion dates, and reduce costs which leads to higher value. This position has the opportunity to work in a great number of industries and on a wide variety of projects in a very short amount of time. Professionals work on one client at a time for six to nine months on average. This unique type of client service allows focused attention with no competing priorities. In addition, we increase our clients’ in-house capabilities allowing them to capitalize on important opportunities. This means that at the end of the day, our clients truly appreciate the work our professionals do and are grateful for their presence and contribution. Professionals are able to help on unique projects that are once-in-a-career opportunities, setting you apart from your peers and giving you a competitive edge in the marketplace.
Education & Experience Desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification, or progress towards, is preferred.
- 3-6 years of professional experience preferred. This includes a minimum of 2-3 busy seasons in external audit with a Big 4 or large Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Firm servicing larger clients ($500M-$3B+ Revenues) required.
- Corporate accounting and/or finance experience at a large public corporation is a plus but not required.
- Excellent analytical skills including proficiency in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Impressive interpersonal skills to connect and communicate effectively with others; easily establish rapport and relationships with mutual respect, goodwill, and humor.
- Strong computer desktop skills.
- Demonstrated career progression and job stability.
- Prepared 10k and auditing supporting schedules.
- Restated prior year financial statements to adjust for discontinued operations.
- Completed technical and ad hoc research and analysis on several accounting issues.
- Drafted, reviewed, and updated various corporate accounting policies including accounting for customer programs, sales incentives, revenue recognition, inventory valuation, and accounts receivable reserves.
- Assisted with the implementation of migration projects, helping to migrate the company’s European-based trades from a UK-Based subsidiary to a North American subsidiary.
- Defined all accounting constraints, creating all accounting functionality in new accounting information systems.
- Tested the results of systems and substantiated the Balance Sheet and Income Statement for deals that migrated.
Transaction support—Carve-Outs & Merger Integration
Company provided more than 50 professionals to support hundreds of internal financial personnel who were facing the daunting task of identifying the specific business assets and liabilities. Within 5 months, two balance sheets and four quarterly income statements were submitted for management review and approval. Within 18 months, 2 years of un-audited and 3 years of audited GAAP basis financial statements were prepared in accordance with the applicable regulation S-X filing. Ultimately, the business unit was sold to an investor within the designated time frame.
A Fortune 500 Company enlisted our assistance with a conversion of financial statements from U.S. GAAP to IFRS in connection with a U.S. based acquisition. The company was preparing for an equity offering to complete the acquisition of another U.S. based Fortune 500 Company, and needed to prepare pro forma financial statements under IFRS that reflected the merge. In order to complete this critical project, it was necessary to convert the acquired company’s financial statements for U.S. GAAP to IFRS in a very short timeframe. Our professionals served as project leads for the financial statement team and worked closely with the companies’ financial management and external auditors. The financial statement team identified and documented U.S. GAAP to IFRS differences in the acquired company’s financial statements and made recommendations regarding critical areas to be considered and proposed pro forma adjustments. The team was able to manage multiple priorities in a highly complex environment to effectively support the creation of the pro forma financial statements in a short time frame. The client was impressed with the quality of the work.
Promotions and raises—January 1
Will consider H1B with 1+ year left
Bonus potential up to 50% (average about 35%)
80% of engagements are downtown (for Chicago)