Analytics Partner (02602751)
New York City
This carrier is a top 20 global carrier with operations worldwide. A fuller job description is below. Agile methodology; insurance and claims analytics experience is what is needed.
Leading the development of common claim analytics solution frameworks and best practices. Responsible for coordination of project pipeline and resource scheduling in COE, and delivery and implementation of analytical services to meet business strategic outcomes. Support the build-up of the COE and future capabilities development. Engage stakeholders by applying Agile engagement model developed for the COE. Oversight of the COE staffing, training, methodologies and tools to ensure effective and consistent reuse globally.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Development of common claims analytic solution frameworks and adoption of best practices – Work with Divisional Claims Analytics Heads to establish common analytic solution framework including top use cases (such as anti-fraud, recovery, claim triage, and litigation management), playbooks (for project design, data collection, modelling methodologies, model implementation, and pilot design), applicable common tools, delivery processes, benefit/KPI measurement, and best practices
- Coordination of COE book of work and project delivery with divisions - Plan and organize analytics projects, by optimizing resource utilization of the COE and adopting agile methodologies to take stakeholders on journey from hypothesis to outcome
- Support of the COE capability build and adoption of the agile methodology in partnership with division – Working with divisional claim analytics heads to build up COE initial capabilities and staffing to support divisional 2018 claim analytics roadmaps. In longer term, identify opportunities for the COE to expand into other areas (i.e., areas in addition to advanced modeling) where centralized COE capabilities made sense.
- Oversight of the COE staffing, training, methodologies and tools to ensure effective and consistent reuse globally. Establish clear communication channels, facilitating knowledge sharing, between business teams, data scientists, decision analysts and data SMEs.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience working in an IT and/or Management Consulting Environment
- Insurance industry experiences and claim experiences are preferred
- Analytics experience - Broad analytic skill set and ability to translate technical content into business language
- Experience in agile methodology applied to analytic solution development and implementation
- Ability to translate technical content into business language
- Strong ability to define methodologies and develop playbooks and analytic method documentation
- Understanding of advanced/predictive/machine learning methods, however, deep modeling expertise is not required
- Understanding of how analytic solutions are designed, built, implemented and adopted in the business operations
- Strong skill set in the management of portfolio of analytic work, engagement management with internal/external partners, and staffing planning/management
- Increasing levels of experience in analytical leadership and consulting roles with insurance or financial services firms
- Track record of implementing analytical recommendations and models that deliver significant sustained business impact
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Compensation: $150,000 - $200,000 base + bonus potential + benefits